Other New Resource Manager at waindigo.com

But even that is enough, it is content ripped directly from here and proporting to be from his site, not on imo.
I hadn't actually considered this, but you make a very valid point. On reflection, I will be looking at relaunching this on a separate website to waindigo.com so there is no confusion that these add-ons are my own. At no point was the intention to mislead people into thinking this was my own content.

Obviously, I will also be taking into account everyone's views regarding copyright. Certainly we won't be including full descriptions or downloads for anyone who hasn't given their explicit permission. This will be extended to all members (regardless of whether they are waindigo.com members) as a result of moving to a new site.

There will be some copyrighted content (i.e., the names and short descriptions of add-ons) on the site, but I believe that this is fair use for a site that provides a list of resources. But I think making the change described above (i.e., moving it to another site) is important to ensure that there is no accidental commercial benefit from users thinking that the add-ons are made by Waindigo -- if it is possible that customers could be misled through the use of copyrighted information in this way would not be regarded as fair use.

If anyone has any further questions or concerns regarding the new site, please feel free to respond here or contact me directly.

It will be great if have a clone of Resource Manager for free or paid addon. Many people want this.
But you didn't. Clone content of Xenforo RM is useless and a bad idea, in my personal opinion.

Reactions: Kim
Clone content of Xenforo RM is useless and a bad idea, in my personal opinion.
I do agree with you that if that was all it did then there would be no point. If it did more than the RM, then surely that would provide an extra service that would be useful? There have been a few suggestions in this thread, and many elsewhere of ways that the RM could be improved.

As long as this might be released someday, I say carry on ;)
I can see the point of those not wanting things listed, maybe just have a few "dummy accounts" setup so you can see what it would look like with data?

I'd also be interested in a working Resource Manager. Whether it's from XF LTD itself or a third party, I have to say doesn't really matter. As long as it works, and is supported.

I hope XF LTD will realize that this (a third party releasing a product doing something similar to their RM) is a natural reaction to their failure to release the RM.

Maybe I have this all wrong, and the Xenforo team don't care at all, but that would stagger me if it were the case. You are directly taking from their potential bread bowl. You breached their copyright by directly copying the layout and style, and you took their content without permission from them, nor from the individuals who had created resources to benefit this community or the XF team, not anyone else.

It is good you have removed the RM copy Waindigo, yes there are many people who want a resource manager, most would want it free coz we are all cheap or not rich, and there is another paid version in development that I know of, if you want to keep developing it, I think that is worthwhile, but ensure that it is done correctly, is original and not a copy of the XF one, and most importantly uses your own data for demonstration purposes.

I'm sure you didn't set out to offend half the population here, but perhaps being a relative newcomer to this community you don't quite appreciate how important it is that we throw our support behind the XF team, especially in matters financial, I saw this as a kick in the nuts whilst the XF team are down frankly.

Reactions: vVv
Maybe I have this all wrong, and the Xenforo team don't care at all...
I would say they have absolutely demonstrated they don't much care about what goes on here the last 9, going on 10, months. If they do, they have a very strange way of showing it.

I would say they have absolutely demonstrated they don't much care about what goes on here the last 9, going on 10, months. If they do, they have a very strange way of showing it.

That doesn't give anyone the right to come along and copy what they have done, and then launch a preview of it on the birthday of the original! lol

What did he think the XF team was going to think...

Excellent it's our RM's birthday!!! Let's party down to a rip off free copy of one of the things that will help us get us out of a financial hole after this lawsuit, and hey no worries on taking all the content from here and propagating your fake free copy with..."

Maybe they don't care John, but it's still not right to take their stuff :)

Hey, think I might put together a team and create a new forum software product.. call it Zen40 and launch a preview here, oh, and take a bunch of content off this site, coz no one cares anyway!

:p

Waindigo isn't a newcomer. He is one of the best supporters xenforo has.

He has created some excellent mods, there is no doubt, but I understood he was introduced to this community by Morgain relatively recently and does not have a forum background. I see from his join date he joined in Oct '11 which is 15 months ago, a lot of that time the XF developers have been absent, and he missed the hey day of Xenforo, when the Devs were interacting daily with members, mod developers, themers etc.

I meant it in that sense.

That doesn't give anyone the right to come along and copy what they have done, and then launch a preview of it on the birthday of the original! lol
I never said I thought it did. For the record, I agree 100% with you on that aspect of this discussion, however, they are the one's who need to be managing issues like this here, but for some reason, can't be bothered.

Maybe I have this all wrong, and the Xenforo team don't care at all, but that would stagger me if it were the case. You are directly taking from their potential bread bowl.
Read
http://xenforo.com/community/posts/472384

You breached their copyright by directly copying the layout and style.
Read
http://xenforo.com/community/posts/472487/
I've used in my addons some css of XenForo... Should I be worried?

I'm sure you didn't set out to offend half the population here, but perhaps being a relative newcomer to this community you don't quite appreciate how important it is that we throw our support behind the XF team, especially in matters financial, I saw this as a kick in the nuts whilst the XF team are down frankly.
Read again and think about what has been written and why
http://xenforo.com/community/posts/472384

Waindigo isn't a newcomer. He is one of the best supporters xenforo has.
The XenForo developers support the product when they fight for it. Honestly I would have been in the shoes of KAM I'm not sure I would have follow their path and to endure what they must have endured.
Jake provides the technical support
Moderators keep the house clean and in order
Developers, such as Waindigo, provides traffic, support and activity

Accusing Waindigo is something really strange

What's missing in his ressource is only a control panel to his members to allow or not the synchronisation and may be a short restyling to avoid to make people think they've posted themselves on his forum. But there's nothing wrong to make a list of available addons in the XenForo RM and displaying at least a short text introduction.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Perhaps instead of links to what others have said you might try composing a thought of your own.

In regards to the CSS usage, of course it is OK to use that in your add ons or themes, it is not possible to create them without it, that is expected, what is not expected is for someone to come along and make a direct copy of what will become an official Add on, and intend to give it away free, but in the meantime take all the content off the one here to demonstrate.

It is exactly the same as if you copied Xenforo, and took content off this site to demonstrate how cool it is.

I don't get why you don't understand this. The only thing I see going on here is a bunch of people desperate for this add on who really don't care that it screws over the XF team.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
I'm trying to say read first before making any allegations.

The only thing I see going on here is a bunch of people desperate for this add on who really don't care that it screws over the XF team.
If you're talking about me, then read again post#2.

Top Bottom