Fixed  New post icon appearing in All Watched Threads view all the time

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but the new post icon
discussion-new.png
is appearing in all of the threads in my All Watched Threads view.

This icon appears on every single thread I am watching, whether I have posted in it or not and whether there have been new replies or not.

watched1-png.292

watched1-png.293

In the normal forum view it appears as intended, only on threads that have had new posts since the last time I read them.

watched1-png.296

I am also one of those suffering from the email/alert/watched threads bug so it's possible it is related to that?

Attachments

• watched3.webp
    watched3.webp
    39 KB · Views: 33
It looks like all your watched threads in the screenshot have new posts. Did you try going to one, making sure you view all the way to the end so that it no longer has unread posts in it, then come back to your "Watched threads" page and see if it no longer shows up in bold and with the image.

It looks like all your watched threads in the screenshot have new posts.
No they didn't as the first screenshot shows - I had no unread watched threads.

And in the second screenshot I was the last poster on 2 of them so there couldn't be any new posts.

And in the second screenshot I was the last poster on 2 of them so there couldn't be any new posts.
Actually, that's not strictly true, though you'd be very unlikely to run into that situation. :)

What browser are you using?

FF 3.6.8 on Win 7 x64.

I also have the email/alert bug so I don't know if it's related.

Edit: I also get it with Chrome and IE8.

I think this is fixed now. Please confirm.

I believe that the underlying issue was the same as the bug about getting alerts...

Nice one Mike.

All working here now.

fixed-png.336

Just got my first email alerts too :thumbsup:

Attachments

• fixed.webp
    fixed.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom