1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed New post icon appearing in All Watched Threads view all the time

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Brogan, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but the new post icon [​IMG] is appearing in all of the threads in my All Watched Threads view.

This icon appears on every single thread I am watching, whether I have posted in it or not and whether there have been new replies or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the normal forum view it appears as intended, only on threads that have had new posts since the last time I read them.

[​IMG]

I am also one of those suffering from the email/alert/watched threads bug so it's possible it is related to that?

Attached Files:

2. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

It looks like all your watched threads in the screenshot have new posts. Did you try going to one, making sure you view all the way to the end so that it no longer has unread posts in it, then come back to your "Watched threads" page and see if it no longer shows up in bold and with the image.

3. Brogan

No they didn't as the first screenshot shows - I had no unread watched threads.

And in the second screenshot I was the last poster on 2 of them so there couldn't be any new posts.

4. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Heh, good point. :)

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Actually, that's not strictly true, though you'd be very unlikely to run into that situation. :)

What browser are you using?

6. Brogan

FF 3.6.8 on Win 7 x64.

I also have the email/alert bug so I don't know if it's related.

Edit: I also get it with Chrome and IE8.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think this is fixed now. Please confirm.

I believe that the underlying issue was the same as the bug about getting alerts...

8. Brogan

Nice one Mike.

All working here now.

[​IMG]

Just got my first email alerts too (y)

Attached Files:

9. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member