New Host Suggestions?

Ranger375

My website was recently suspended for using too many resources. I've been with the same host for nine years, so I'm not entirely sure if there are any better options out there. Can anyone make any recommendations on an alternative that can support the usage, but not cost an arm and a leg? Wordpress and Xenforo pretty much make up the entire site.

Current server:
Description: Linux Hybrid-vps
Details: 200GB space, 10000GB bandwidth, 4GB RAM ($92.00/month)

Response from the host about my site's usage:
Based on what was posted your utilization comes from the CPU. Mysql was using 1.5 cores of the box. In total you were using over 2.5 cores of usage. It is an equal share setup.

We provision on the Hybrids 1 hybrid / core. This is an 8 core machine and there are 5 customers on this machine (it is under sold at this point). You estimate about .7 of actual usage due to overhead. If you are under 1.12 cores of usage, you'd be in the range of fair use. Like I said if no one is using it, you could continue to use 2.5 cores; but, in this case others are using their resources too.

Thanks!

I have no idea what a hybrid VPS is. Really just shared hosting that they call a VPS? No clue.

In any event, if you are really using almost 3 dedicated cores, it's time to move to a dedicated server. There is no provider out there (VPS or shared) that is going to let you use 3 entire cores by yourself.

For 100 a month I'd turn around and get a dedicated server. That way you have a quad core Xeon (8 threads) to yourself.

92 a month. I'm assuming its a managed server? Otherwise that price is pretty steep for not having the same kind of resources to yourself.

For 100 a month I'd turn around and get a dedicated server. That way you have a quad core Xeon (8 threads) to yourself.

92 a month. I'm assuming its a managed server? Otherwise that price is pretty steep for not having the same kind of resources to yourself.

Yeah it's managed. Where can I get a dedicated for around $100? The same company was trying to get me to pay $150 for a dedicated:

For $60/month more we could provide you a lot more value in a dedicated server. You'd have all four cores, more ram and would not be affected by other customers.

I can't make any recommendations. I also approach this from a view point of I can configure the server myself and don't use a control panel.

Ram tends to jack the price up a bit. Provider I am used to dealing with rents a Xeon 1270v2 with 32GB of ram a 2TB HDD and 18TB of transfer for 180 a month. But its unmanaged. Managed basically adds 100 a month to any server with any provider. Less RAM and transfer and you will likely find an unmanaged for 100 somewhere else.

https://www.fusioned.net/

Contact George via the contact us section to get a custom quote (prices on the website aren't really reflective). Being nothing than amazing in the last 1+ year I've been there. I tried most of the hosting companies mentioned here occasionally and settled down for good.

You need to work out what your requirements are, bandwidth usage, cpu, ram required and disk space. Id be leaning towards a linode/digital ocean solution or even AWS.

Reactions: Xon
Liquidweb.com or wiredtree.com, both are the best service and support specially liquidweb.com .

One more vote for LiquidWeb. Excellent support!

I used LiquidWeb for many years when I had/needed a dedicated server for a very large forum I used to run. I concur with the positive words for Liquid. My needs became more modest, however, and after some poor experiences with a couple/few hosts, I gave Knownhost a try, and I'm glad I did. I can highly recommend them. Their service is on a par with or exceeds LiquidWeb, and the servers themselves are rock solid. Plus you get free backups. I've never had a host that's been as trouble-free.

Top Bottom