New Facebook.com Email

"Imagine you had the entire history of your conversations with your boyfriend or your girlfriend - I mean everything..."

Or, to put it another way; imagine that Facebook's servers have the entire history of your conversations with your boyfriend or your girlfriend - I mean everything...

If that sounds good to you, this must be a very happy day.

As terrible a thought that is too (especially given their track record on privacy), most fb users wont give it a second thought.

I have an account, mostly because of app development. I can't fathom dragging around every girlfriend, friend and acquaintance I've made with me through my entire life. There's a reason why we lose touch with most of our ex's and friends after high school, etc.

This is what I'm waiting to happen to Facebook.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I remember when AOL once ruled the internet. Now I'm waiting for something to replace FB.

"This product isn't email, but it allows people who do use email to communicate with the rest of us."

Is that arrogant? I'm not sure.

"This product isn't email, but it allows people who do use email to communicate with the rest of us."

Is that arrogant? I'm not sure.

Facebook is quickly becoming the new AOL. Remember when most AOL users didn't know an Internet existed outside of AOL? Well, it seems more and more Facebook users don't realize an Internet exists outside of Facebook. AOL Keywords? Facebook (fan) pages. Etc...

steven s wasn't that far off ;)

I think it's a great idea and a great solution, and wonderful implementation.
But knowing Facebook, and knowing how little they care about privacy.
I think it's not something I would use, and I think people should realize how they use it.

"Imagine you had the entire history of your conversations with your boyfriend or your girlfriend - I mean everything..."

Or, to put it another way; imagine that Facebook's servers have the entire history of your conversations with your boyfriend or your girlfriend - I mean everything...

Agreed..

Of course faceborg will in no way allow that information to be used by third parties either through the fb application or by any software developed for facebook. Feel free to post up more personal information in the knowledge that fb has your best interests at heart. Thank you for your time.

I give it less than 5 years for facebook to splinter.... When people realize that facebook messages aren't really deletable. Or that facebook's privacy isn't all that "secure."

I think FB is a fad.. like Hi5, Myspace, Livejournal etc.. etc... Same with twitter.

It will all meet its doom for something new to come out and catch everyones attention!

Top Bottom