Fixed New conversation posts not showing until replied to

Thanks for sending me details of the Conversation Steve.

I ascertained that some of the record counts were incorrect. Essentially the reply_count field which is used to calculate the number of pages and page boundaries was incorrect.

This has been resolved by virtue of running a Conversations rebuild but of course it doesn't answer the question as to why it happened in the first place.

The main issue with doing a conversation rebuild is it takes nearly an hour for my forum.

Part of the problem is you're tracking reply_count twice, in both conversation_master and conversation_recipient. The latter needs to be purged with fire.

The main issue with doing a conversation rebuild is it takes nearly an hour for my forum.

Part of the problem is you're tracking reply_count twice, in both conversation_master and conversation_recipient. The latter needs to be purged with fire.

And now it's over an hour.

Seriously this is annoying as hell.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.1.6).

Change log:
Prevent conversation reply counts from getting out of sync due to a race condition.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom