XF 2.2 Private node posts not showing up in New Posts

ArtG

I have a private forum for users that upgraded. They can see the forum in the forum list but new posts in the private forum don't show up when they click "New Posts".

Is this intended or did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Go to the admin panel, then navigate to Forums -> Nodes. Now click on the node you're talking about. Near the bottom of the page, click on Advanced options. Now check the option that says Include threads from this forum when users click "New posts" and click Save.

But in node permissions, do they have permissions to view (as well as the node) the threads and content as well as just the node itself?
Yes, they are able to see and post in the private forum. They just don't see new posts from the forum in the New Posts page.

Thanks for the answers.

Let me try to expand. I followed the Xenforo manual to set up a private node for when users upgrade. It is set to inherit from the registered user permission set.

All upgraded users can:
  • See the forum;
  • See threads in the forum; and
  • Reply to threads in the forum.
What is happening is that when they click on New Posts, it doesn't contain unread posts from this private forum. It's as if the system is excluding the private forum all together for this purpose.

Go into your node settings and make sure this option is checked under advanced options.

If thats not it then disable any addons you have installed and see if it works. You have a wrong setting somewhere.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

I created a new private forum and double checked all settings. Surprisingly, the new forum is working as intended and showing up on the New Posts. I'm just going to delete the one I previously set up.

Either I did something wrong or there was something not correct with the setup of the previous one. Weird.

Thanks again for helping me think through this.

Top Bottom