Nested categories

Is it possible to set up an additional layer of sub-categories before individual topic threads appears on XenForo?

For example, I need a structure as follows:

Forum Home -> Individual Games or Series -> Game categories listed by historical era -> individual discussion topics

Thanks!

John

Thanks, Mike. You answered my question. Having the flexibility for multiple notes/categories by level is what I was looking for, so this is good news. Thanks again.

May I also ask if one can assign topic moderator rights by individual discussion topic as well? I work with publishers who need control of their own specific topic area -- this could be either a single topic, or a group of topics under a single category. I'm trying to confirm how flexible moderator privileges may be in allowing one to edit their own topic headers and moderate specific topics.

Unfortunately moderator permissions can only be applied at the node (e.g. forum/category) level. Though if you're talking about giving publishers access to moderate specific threads, these would be best grouped into a single forum and then give those publishers moderating permissions in those forums.

Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant at the forum level. Threads can be created at any point, so I understand they are very dynamic. So long as a node can be dedicated to multiple threads on the same theme, which a category would most likely do, I think it would work out fine. I'll have to see if there is a way to admin a demo site here just to verify how it all works.

Top Bottom