Need a different Forum layout...

JVCode

I need help with this, I have no idea what to do or where to start, but I've made a mock-up of how I'd like it to look once complete

Capture44.webp

I'd like the above, but when hovering over "A-Class" it drops down, instead of needing to hover over the sub-forum arror (also wanting the sub-forum text gone)

The big problem is, I only want this setup for the vehicle class category, the rest of the forums I'd like laid out as normal.

Can this be done?

It's not as simple as that. Different levels of sub forum are in an entirely different loop. In your case I can think of a way to modify the template. A lot of xen:if.

It's not as simple as that. Different levels of sub forum are in an entirely different loop. In your case I can think of a way to modify the template. A lot of xen:if.
I thought this might have been the case, I wouldn't know where to start with this type of template mod.

Would the forum categories be changing constantly? Or new ones being added? You could just simple custom code this without using xenif's, but using direct links :).

Downside: if you constantly have new forums added it would mean manual edits

Would the forum categories be changing constantly? Or new ones being added? You could just simple custom code this without using xenif's, but using direct links :).

For the most part, they wouldn't change at all, only a new car comes out in a certain class, then it would be just a matter of adding the new car to the certain class forum.

That's a good point. I think you'll still need xen:if tho to exclude those forums from normal loops.

I need help with this, I have no idea what to do or where to start, but I've made a mock-up of how I'd like it to look once complete

View attachment 15460

I'd like the above, but when hovering over "A-Class" it drops down, instead of needing to hover over the sub-forum arror (also wanting the sub-forum text gone)

The big problem is, I only want this setup for the vehicle class category, the rest of the forums I'd like laid out as normal.

Can this be done?

Here you go :)

A dirty way of doing it:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-sub-forum-menus.16419/

If you need help go ahead and use that thread.

Top Bottom