1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a different Forum layout...

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by JVCode, May 27, 2011.

1. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I need help with this, I have no idea what to do or where to start, but I've made a mock-up of how I'd like it to look once complete

Capture44.PNG

I'd like the above, but when hovering over "A-Class" it drops down, instead of needing to hover over the sub-forum arror (also wanting the sub-forum text gone)

The big problem is, I only want this setup for the vehicle class category, the rest of the forums I'd like laid out as normal.

Can this be done?

2. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I would think that would take quite a bit of coding. I can't see a way of doing it otherwise, IF it can be done at all.

4. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Oh right, that's a real shame :( thanks for your reply. I was wondering if someone could tweak that sub forum grid listing template modification to work like the image in my first post.

5. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

It's not as simple as that. Different levels of sub forum are in an entirely different loop. In your case I can think of a way to modify the template. A lot of xen:if.

6. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I thought this might have been the case, I wouldn't know where to start with this type of template mod.

7. Panupat

My xenforo is only installed locally at my office's intranet. I'll take a look on Monday.

Peggy and JVCode like this.
  8. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Excellent, thankyou for taking the time to give this a shot.

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Would the forum categories be changing constantly? Or new ones being added? You could just simple custom code this without using xenif's, but using direct links :).

Downside: if you constantly have new forums added it would mean manual edits

10. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

For the most part, they wouldn't change at all, only a new car comes out in a certain class, then it would be just a matter of adding the new car to the certain class forum.

11. Panupat

That's a good point. I think you'll still need xen:if tho to exclude those forums from normal loops.

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Ya forgot about that part* ;)

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Here you go :)

A dirty way of doing it:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-sub-forum-menus.16419/

If you need help go ahead and use that thread.

JVCode likes this.
  14. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member