XF 1.2 Navigation Links Order Issues - HELP!

Wing

Site: www.optiksgaming.com

Idea:
One thing that catches my eye at the moment, is it would be nice to set the "Forums" link next to the "Home" link.

Home - Forums - Service Records & Info - Servers Ect....

Issue:

I tried playing about with the settings of the nodes as tabs addon, but from what I've seen and where the hooks are, the links can either be after home, the middle (after all the other links) or at the end (after the members link).

The reason it is directly after home is because if it is anywhere else, the link ends up being hidden and severely misplaced, thus giving it minimal exposure and eliminating the point of it.

I tried making a few template edits moving the hooks, etc. around just a second ago, but again it made the layout even worse, so I'm afraid this is the best I can do without forcing a tonne of work with manual template edits :(

Any help with this?
I am willing to pay via Paypal for someone to get this sorted...

Edit those node tabs to be in the middle position. Then change this setting:

Admin CP -> Home -> Nodes As Tabs -> Force Order - Middle Position = First

That should achieve the desired result.

Worked! Thankyou so much!
I have always been told this was a incredible hard issue to resolve... so we have left it the way it was for quite sometime.
Should of came here for some support sooner.

Appreciate it,

I have always been told this was a incredible hard issue to resolve... so we have left it the way it was for quite sometime.

Normally that is true. Nodes As Tabs is an exception to the rule. Changing tab orders for addons usually requires editing listeners which is a pain. But the Nodes As Tabs addon has that special option to force an order. Given the nature of the Nodes As Tabs addon I thought it appropriate to muscle the system with an extremely high execution order which enables me to control the order for node tabs. Only the highest execution order can exercise such control. For other addons with just one tab you are unlikely to see such an option as it really wouldn't be appropriate.

Top Bottom