Native XenForo App in Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right guys, this was highly requested by many people, so I thought it would be nice to prepare a small "teaser" video of the app in its current state.

I would like everyone to consider this is a work in progress video, and we were hoping to have a few more weeks work on the app before demonstrating it, however the demand to see something "in any condition" was so high I couldn't really fend off any more messages asking for it!

This was done on a live site, via public wifi at starbucks, so limited by their connection speeds if you wonder why some of the external sites or media heavy pages take a moment to load.

Things shown in this teaser:
  • Browsing the forums and threads
  • Sticky threads and normal threads
  • Viewing IMG
  • Viewing MEDIA (facebook and youtube so far)
  • Replying to a post (with a quote)
  • Creating a thread
  • Opening a link from URL tags
  • Allignment right + left for both RTL and LTR boards
  • Cheesy youtube music

Please enjoy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finally we got to see it in action now get it out there so we can play around too :P I like how you can zoom in the images attached .

when is this app releasing?
Will it support native resource manager? I see XF media in the demo video.
I really hope this app can be released soon. But then I realized that an app that is not perfect could make people disappointed, it is just like selling a half baked good.

And I know @Slavik is faraway not like that. But still, I do hope this app can be flawlessly finished as soon as possible. You are in the life stake here @Slavik :D

I really hope this app can be released soon. But then I realized that an app that is not perfect could make people disappointed, it is just like selling a half baked good.

And I know @Slavik is faraway not like that. But still, I do hope this app can be flawlessly finished as soon as possible. You are in the life stake here @Slavik :D

Quite right, we won't be releasing anything for even beta testing until we are happy with it ourselves.

Right guys, this was highly requested by many people, so I thought it would be nice to prepare a small "teaser" video of the app in its current state.

I would like everyone to consider this is a work in progress video, and we were hoping to have a few more weeks work on the app before demonstrating it, however the demand to see something "in any condition" was so high I couldn't really fend off any more messages asking for it!

This was done on a live site, via public wifi at starbucks, so limited by their connection speeds if you wonder why some of the external sites or media heavy pages take a moment to load.

Things shown in this teaser:
  • Browsing the forums and threads
  • Sticky threads and normal threads
  • Viewing IMG
  • Viewing MEDIA (facebook and youtube so far)
  • Replying to a post (with a quote)
  • Creating a thread
  • Opening a link from URL tags
  • Allignment right + left for both RTL and LTR boards
  • Cheesy youtube music

Please enjoy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is awesome :love:

Is it possible to expose the Recent Activity stream page as we use it more than What's New?

A critical feature suggestion has occurred to me: there needs to be a customizable menu which makes other sections of the website available (as links, opened in web views).

My site, for example, has a popular blog (powered by WordPress) and store - both of which really need to be accessible from within my app. Other sites will also have similar needs, and a menu with links (customizable, perhaps, from the Admin control panel?) would allow virtually unlimited flexibility to solve this problem. The menu could also be used to link to a site's Media Gallery or Resource Manager.

In the video, I see several prime locations for such a menu: in the top left of the navigation bar on the top-level forum home screen, in the tab bar menu at the bottom (iOS can support up to 5 items in tab bars), or as a group of static rows atop the "welcome" table view.

Seems to be a good app. The problem is that you don't release source. Otherwise, with a good price, i taken it.

Source would be the only purchase I would made too.

It needs to be customized to our needs. Does not make sense if large areas and important features of our site would not be accessible via app or could be circumvented with it.

A critical feature suggestion has occurred to me: there needs to be a customizable menu which makes other sections of the website available (as links, opened in web views).

My site, for example, has a popular blog (powered by WordPress) and store - both of which really need to be accessible from within my app. Other sites will also have similar needs, and a menu with links (customizable, perhaps, from the Admin control panel?) would allow virtually unlimited flexibility to solve this problem. The menu could also be used to link to a site's Media Gallery or Resource Manager.

In the video, I see several prime locations for such a menu: in the top left of the navigation bar on the top-level forum home screen, in the tab bar menu at the bottom (iOS can support up to 5 items in tab bars), or as a group of static rows atop the "welcome" table view.

I'd strongly agree with this :-)

Agreed. That would be very useful for my site too.

I need this so bad Tapatalks new BYO offerings are not all its cracked up to be. I know its needs to be right and not rushed but I need this.

I'd be interested to see analytics from a few big boards on which page gets more visits. Personally as a user, I look at recent activity more than new posts.

Hi Guys!

So a question we have been deliberating, when wanting to check whats new on the forum, would you rather see the new posts feed: https://xenforo.com/community/find-new/posts

or, the recent activity feed: https://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/

We can see pluses and minuses to both options, however would love your feedback on which you would prefer and why.

Thankyou.
I think having the recent activity for mobile can be more interesting since it will be updated more frequently and will give the app a more of a facebook like newsfeed feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom