Native XenForo App in Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually had such a massive response that rather than do a select few testing, instead every person who gets in touch will get the opportunity to be part of the initial release test on a schedule we have drawn up :)

Any vague timeframe yet? Not in any rush but it'd be handy to know something like "this month", "within a few months", "after easter", etc?

1) Screen size, a design for a 2 pane design for tablets is being worked on, more info on this will be available nearer the design completion, for an idea the current line of thought is something similar to the BBC news app on tablets, where the left side will have navigation, forums, threads etc, and the right hand side will display the content, posts, conversations etc.
I really like off-canvas menu's that slide in/out when required, with just a few key menu items always available (eg. 'New Posts' when browsing forums). Enables the full screen real-estate to be effectively used, and brings in/out the navigation when required.

this much cheaper than i thought giving how clean this look...pm sent @Slavik

i didnt read entire thread yet...but i wonder how this would work with s9 embeds

I know ios version is first but is the andoid version also being worked on? Does that version look any different?

will you have to be member to use the app? and if yes, can the people register through the app?

We haven't decided on how to handle this yet, we are aware a lot of boards use 3rd party addons and advanced anti-bot registration measures which using an api would render ineffective. Most likely we will forward them to the registration page for this, so as to not give bots an additional attack vector.

I know ios version is first but is the andoid version also being worked on? Does that version look any different?

It will have some minor tweaks to fit with an android UI but mostly the same.

Thanks, i thought as much. I am dying to get my hands on a test build of this. Now i am familiar with android and .apks however i am sure with ios i can not simply install a ios app to test will there be info on how we can test on ios and what we need to do to test it on a device once released?

Thanks, i thought as much. I am dying to get my hands on a test build of this. Now i am familiar with android and .apks however i am sure with ios i can not simply install a ios app to test will there be info on how we can test on ios and what we need to do to test it on a device once released?

All info will be released as it is ready :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom