[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
How can I change the background of the Post? It is very light and my text is in white as well.

Thanks
Hey,

Sorry for the delayed response. Support is primarily offered at apantic.com and we don't really check here that much unless tagged on personal accounts. If anything pops up in the future, we recommend contacting us there.

That being said, you can easily change the background of the best answer post in the style properties in the message tab. Here's the direct link: yourforum.com/admin.php?styles/master-style.0/style-properties&group=bestAnswer and it's the first option you see, you want to modify the "background color" on there. Replace yourforum.com with your forum's URL.

Hi @Apantic , is it support credit system now?
Hey,

A credits system still isn't supported, unfortunately. We don't have plans to support one in version 2.0 either. The main problem being that Apantic doesn't have (nor plans to create) a credits add-on. We can support 3rd party credits add-ons but there's quite a number of them, so we'll always be criticised on which ones we pick and choose to support, not to mention they'd all be unofficial additions. You can attempt to ask credits add-on authors to create their own add-on to hook into this one and provide credits support, since it'd be a selling point for them if demand was high enough. Other than that, if we ever did create a credits addition, it'd probably be a separate paid add-on unless XenForo implements a credits system in the 2.0 release (I'm not sure how likely that really is, probably not very).

I have few suggestions based on the experience of running a Q&A site for years.

In short

1. An option to approve/select best answer only for members from selected user group (ex.. Moderators) People can vote but mod should check before finalizing the best answer.
2. That user group should have the power to override votes and select the best answer as they like.
3. An option to list multiple answers/quote parts of multiple answers as the best answer and list it on top. (You can link quotes and they should go to different posts like when we do multi quote)
All quoted answers get best answer credits/points..
4. 2nd, 3rd best answer
5. Voted/Best answer get points and 100 points earn you 1 trophy points in xenforo trophy system. 2nd/3rd best answers get X number of points etc.. Some reward system like that.

Explanation

1/2. On most Q&A sites people help others for the reputation they gain. Many members in the site are in a competition to collect points or rank higher than others. High ranked members get jobs/work and overall better recognition.

If we give voting power to only small user group then seniors or knowledgeable people will only help people with voting power.
In that case the new member who just joined the site will not get answers and will be neglected. That's a disaster if you think about the growth of the site. So even the brand new members should have the voting power, it might be low but they should have some power.
Meanwhile with that power many people start to abuse the system by creating multiple duplicate accounts and vote their original account answer to make it the best answer. Some make fake questions with duplicate accounts and answer it with their real account. Then they make it the best answer from duplicate account since the question starter can select the best answer.
So to stop such incidents we should have an option to manually check best answer before it get published. If not real skilled people will get discouraged about the site because of such system abusers.

3. I have seen many times 1 person not gonna give the full answer, he only knows 1 side of it, so multiple answers should be combined or good parts of different answers should be quoted and displayed on top for easy viewing and reading.
This will make senior members happy to even answer only the part they know. In the other hand readers will get happy because they can get full answer in top of the thread without wasting time to go through tons of pages. Google/Bing will be happy to see complete and good answers to questions just below the question on first page.

4. 2nd, 3rd best or supporting answers or what ever you call it, we should give credit to other good answers. That will make people reply a question even when their is someone already has posted a good answer.
We need activity and different view points of the people. If we select one good answer and only give points to 1 then others will not even waste time to add their opinion when they see someone already answered it.

5. Trophy points act like the central scoreboard of xenforo. So adding marks there will encourage people to answer questions.

Last edited:
Hey is the credits system added on it yet? I have briviu credits
Hey,

A credits system still isn't supported, unfortunately. We don't have plans to support one in version 2.0 either. The main problem being that Apantic doesn't have (nor plans to create) a credits add-on. We can support 3rd party credits add-ons but there's quite a number of them, so we'll always be criticised on which ones we pick and choose to support, not to mention they'd all be unofficial additions. You can attempt to ask credits add-on authors to create their own add-on to hook into this one and provide credits support, since it'd be a selling point for them if demand was high enough. Other than that, if we ever did create a credits addition, it'd probably be a separate paid add-on unless XenForo implements a credits system in the 2.0 release (I'm not sure how likely that really is, probably not very).

But when i read your first few pages of this discussion you said your planning to put it in. Im pretty sure we all can agree a credit system is going to make this mod alot better. Briviu credits has the most features so I would think it would be the choice to go with.

second of all.. Got any coupons or discount? Its my birthday next week.

But when i read your first few pages of this discussion you said your planning to put it in. Im pretty sure we all can agree a credit system is going to make this mod alot better. Briviu credits has the most features so I would think it would be the choice to go with.

second of all.. Got any coupons or discount? Its my birthday next week.
We can't support one and not the other. Most forums already have a credits system and we can't force them to change. Additionally, I guess you mean *******'s credit system. One, it can't be bought on this site. Two, there's a reason why the name is censored. Three, people won't buy it. It's definitely one I wouldn't support even if I was going to, because there isn't any long term benefit in doing so.

Unfortunately it's hard to discount software as it doesn't work like other things to. So sadly no, no coupons are available as of now. There may be a Christmas deal but other than that, not really.

I have few suggestions based on the experience of running a Q&A site for years.

In short

1. An option to approve/select best answer only for members from selected user group (ex.. Moderators) People can vote but mod should check before finalizing the best answer.
2. That user group should have the power to override votes and select the best answer as they like.
3. An option to list multiple answers/quote parts of multiple answers as the best answer and list it on top. (You can link quotes and they should go to different posts like when we do multi quote)
All quoted answers get best answer credits/points..
4. 2nd, 3rd best answer
5. Voted/Best answer get points and 100 points earn you 1 trophy points in xenforo trophy system. 2nd/3rd best answers get X number of points etc.. Some reward system like that.

Explanation

1/2. On most Q&A sites people help others for the reputation they gain. Many members in the site are in a competition to collect points or rank higher than others. High ranked members get jobs/work and overall better recognition.

If we give voting power to only small user group then seniors or knowledgeable people will only help people with voting power.
In that case the new member who just joined the site will not get answers and will be neglected. That's a disaster if you think about the growth of the site. So even the brand new members should have the voting power, it might be low but they should have some power.
Meanwhile with that power many people start to abuse the system by creating multiple duplicate accounts and vote their original account answer to make it the best answer. Some make fake questions with duplicate accounts and answer it with their real account. Then they make it the best answer from duplicate account since the question starter can select the best answer.
So to stop such incidents we should have an option to manually check best answer before it get published. If not real skilled people will get discouraged about the site because of such system abusers.

3. I have seen many times 1 person not gonna give the full answer, he only knows 1 side of it, so multiple answers should be combined or good parts of different answers should be quoted and displayed on top for easy viewing and reading.
This will make senior members happy to even answer only the part they know. In the other hand readers will get happy because they can get full answer in top of the thread without wasting time to go through tons of pages. Google/Bing will be happy to see complete and good answers to questions just below the question on first page.

4. 2nd, 3rd best or supporting answers or what ever you call it, we should give credit to other good answers. That will make people reply a question even when their is someone already has posted a good answer.
We need activity and different view points of the people. If we select one good answer and only give points to 1 then others will not even waste time to add their opinion when they see someone already answered it.

5. Trophy points act like the central scoreboard of xenforo. So adding marks there will encourage people to answer questions.
Apologies for not being able to reply earlier. I liked your post but I never got around to summarising it.

Point 1 is already implemented as is point 2. Point 3 you can have quotes in your response to a question just as you would in a thread, if that's what you mean? Point 4, this add-on does support alternative answers up to an admin set limit.

Regarding the final point, I agree there needs to be motivation to do something. In XenForo, trophy points are linked to trophies so we can't give points by themselves. Perhaps XF2 will change something but right now you can just rebuild trophy user data and the points are gone. The administrator can make trophies based off points so you can choose to have a community helper, community leader etc trophy I suppose.

Apologies for not being able to reply earlier. I liked your post but I never got around to summarising it.

Point 1 is already implemented as is point 2. Point 3 you can have quotes in your response to a question just as you would in a thread, if that's what you mean? Point 4, this add-on does support alternative answers up to an admin set limit.

Regarding the final point, I agree there needs to be motivation to do something. In XenForo, trophy points are linked to trophies so we can't give points by themselves. Perhaps XF2 will change something but right now you can just rebuild trophy user data and the points are gone. The administrator can make trophies based off points so you can choose to have a community helper, community leader etc trophy I suppose.
Thanks for your reply.
1/2. About moderators selecting and approving the best answer i can not see such feature in your feature list or screenshots. May be i am wrong, what i mean was not selecting best answer based on vote power according to user group.
I mean let the users vote but they have to wait until mod come and approve their auto selected best answer based on number of votes. If mod want to select other post with 0 votes as best answer he can do it without voting to it or anything related.
Just pure power to select best answer overriding any votes or vote counts. So some post can have 100 votes but 0 vote post get the best answer status coz mod selected it. And even we do vote count rebuild mod selected best answer will not change.
Is that possible?
Adding to that when mod select best answer there should be a 2 options.
1. Approve best answer.
2. Auto approve future best answers from this user
So if a trusted user won the best answer from votes then mods will not have to approve it, it will get automatically approved.

3/4. What i mean in quoting is what you already have in top of the thread, part of the best answer in a balloon in green and link saying go to the full post. Like that have supporting answers in the top too. You are only displaying 1 best answer in top, we should have other supporting answers in top too. As i described in my earlier post 1 person will not give the full answer, he will only give answer to one part of the question or give biased opinion. So we should have other answers to get the full picture.
So we should have part of other answers in the top too.

5. Okay lets forget the trophy system, You have number of best answers displayed in user profile as number of points. Is it counting other/supporting answers as points to it?
If not please add that, then people will at least party answer what they know coz it will give them points even if their answer was not selected as the best answer.

Last edited:
1/2. About moderators selecting and approving the best answer i can not see such feature in your feature list or screenshots. May be i am wrong, what i mean was not selecting best answer based on vote power according to user group.
I mean let the users vote but they have to wait until mod come and approve their auto selected best answer based on number of votes. If mod want to select other post with 0 votes as best answer he can do it without voting to it or anything related.
Just pure power to select best answer overriding any votes or vote counts. So some post can have 100 votes but 0 vote post get the best answer status coz mod selected it. And even we do vote count rebuild mod selected best answer will not change.
Is that possible?
Adding to that when mod select best answer there should be a 2 options.
1. Approve best answer.
2. Auto approve future best answers from this user
So if a trusted user won the best answer from votes then mods will not have to approve it, it will get automatically approved.
We can do that, but it'll require some code logic change and therefore it's more likely to be done in the 2.0 version when XF2 comes out.

3/4. What i mean in quoting is what you already have in top of the thread, part of the best answer in a balloon in green and link saying go to the full post. Like that have supporting answers in the top too. You are only displaying 1 best answer in top, we should have other supporting answers in top too. As i described in my earlier post 1 person will not give the full answer, he will only give answer to one part of the question or give biased opinion. So we should have other answers to get the full picture.
So we should have part of other answers in the top too.
No, you can have alternative answers. They are displayed below the 1st post. You can hide the display at the top and then all answers exceeding the admin defined threshold will be shown.

5. Okay lets forget the trophy system, You have number of best answers displayed in user profile as number of points. Is it counting other/supporting answers as points to it?
If not please add that, then people will at least party answer what they know coz it will give them points even if their answer was not selected as the best answer.
I can't remember but I don't think so. The end user can easily add this using the {$user.answers} variable in the template.

This add-on is not compatible with the style UI.X.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.16.43 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.16.43 PM.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.16.29 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.16.29 PM.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 14
This add-on is not compatible with the style UI.X.
Last I checked it was possible. That's a minor incompatibility, though. Can you use the apantic.com support forums so I can assist you with this problem? That way we can organise support and validate licenses.

I dont know about yall but the "vote" button is not showing up in the dang threads..
Did you manage to sort this out?

Today I have received a license expiring notification via email about your product. Before I post my review, I would like you please to inform me if this add-on is going to be updated anytime soon, or it is just abandoned.

It has make my trophy point system a complete mess, so I would like to know if I should get to rid of it, or if you are still supporting it.

Today I have received a license expiring notification via email about your product. Before I post my review, I would like you please to inform me if this add-on is going to be updated anytime soon, or it is just abandoned.

It has make my trophy point system a complete mess, so I would like to know if I should get to rid of it, or if you are still supporting it.
It's supported but won't be updated for features until XenForo 2. It will be updated for bug fixes, and if there's a bug with the trophy system that we're not aware about (we haven't had any reports on that) I'll gladly patch it and include it for free for expired licenses also.

Last edited:
The above bug was fixed for the specific customer. The issue was with the style, not with the add-on, and it was only an issue for the responsive version of the site (i.e. on mobiles and tablets)

I'm unable to select more than one best answer, despite having the setting set to 3 within the ACP. Any hints please?

I'm unable to select more than one best answer, despite having the setting set to 3 within the ACP. Any hints please?
Do you mean you with one account can't select more than one answer? You can't.
The addon allows more than one bestg answer to be displayed when people have voted for more than one.
But a single person can't vote more than once.

Do you mean you with one account can't select more than one answer? You can't.
The addon allows more than one best answer to be displayed when people have voted for more than one.
But a single person can't vote more than once.
Ah OK. We're using it for staff to select best answers. So I need 3 staff to select separately to create 3 alternatives or the OP to select a different one from ours.

There can only ever be one best answer for a thread. Everything else is an alternative answer.

I might've misunderstood your question. Can you clarify which option (in the ACP) you are talking about?

Top Bottom