[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
There can only ever be one best answer for a thread. Everything else is an alternative answer.

I might've misunderstood your question. Can you clarify which option (in the ACP) you are talking about?
this one here
upload_2017-3-16_13-49-45.webp

If I try to select 2 more answers, it gets overwritten as per your first answer. Have I missed a setting or permission?

this one here
View attachment 149864

If I try to select 2 more answers, it gets overwritten as per your first answer. Have I missed a setting or permission?
I'm still a bit confused as to what's going on in your installation.

Essentially, each thread (in forums that you allow, and optionally prefixes) can have one, and only one, best answer solution. Any other answer with more than X amount of votes (configurable) is an alternative answer. With your settings, there can be 3 alternative answers. I can't seem to remember if this includes the best answer itself or not.

What should happen with your settings is the top voted is the best answer, and the next 3 top voted are alternative answers.

If you're only seeing 2 next top voted as alternative answers, the add-on might be including the best answer as a solution (which is probably likely, I haven't touched that part of the add-on in a while and don't have the code in front of me). In that case, you can just change the value to 4 and you'll be able to have 3 alternative answers + the best answer.

If I misunderstood your question can you clarify please?

Thank you for your patience with this. We're set so that only the OP and staff can select a best answer.
What we're seeing at the moment is that if staff select best answer, then choose another one, the best answer gets changed (ie the old best answer gets replaced by the new best answer).
What we're not seeing is how to select the alternative answers where we want more than 1 to display, so that we can get 1 best answer and 2 alternatives.
Does that clarify?

Hello how are you doing @Robust

I'm interested in buying this mod. Right now I'm choosing between you and a different one that's similar and it's all going to depend on if this mod is going to be ported to Xenforo 2. Please let me know. I'm looking forward to giving this mod a go here soon if it is. Anyways I appreciate it. Get back to me when you can. Thanks.

Thank you for your patience with this. We're set so that only the OP and staff can select a best answer.
What we're seeing at the moment is that if staff select best answer, then choose another one, the best answer gets changed (ie the old best answer gets replaced by the new best answer).
What we're not seeing is how to select the alternative answers where we want more than 1 to display, so that we can get 1 best answer and 2 alternatives.
Does that clarify?

Just trying to help but it sounds like each person can only choose one answer at a time. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way. I'm sure the creator of the mod can clear that up. However, maybe since your 'staff member' chose the best answer once he can't actually choose an alternative answer, rather the alternative answers are actually ones that got the closest amount of votes from separate people instead of secondary votes from the same person.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm interested in buying this mod. Right now I'm choosing between you and a different one that's similar and it's all going to depend on if this mod is going to be ported to Xenforo 2. Please let me know. I'm looking forward to giving this mod a go here soon if it is. Anyways I appreciate it. Get back to me when you can. Thanks.
It's being ported, as a slightly different add-on. In XF2 we've called it "Community Answers", which is a more featured and complete version of this add-on and addresses much of the feedback we've received.

Does that clarify?
I'm guessing that's a custom modification you've done (using permissions to limit to staff, and then some custom edits to allow the OP as well)?

The answer will only be changed if it has *more* votes than the current best answer. This could be because you ended up adding more votes to the other one. You can debug this by enabling the vote counter to be shown on posts and see how many votes each answer has, and then see why the best answer is being changed.

For faster support, visit: https://apantic.zendesk.com and create a request

Hi,

It's being ported, as a slightly different add-on. In XF2 we've called it "Community Answers", which is a more featured and complete version of this add-on and addresses much of the feedback we've received.

Hey thanks for your response. Then I will buy it however I have one more question. Does the provided 12 months of updates include the xenforo 2 version or will you have to buy it separately? I'm sure you can see where im coming from if I would have to buy it twice. When it gets ported, will you be able to receive the xenforo 2 version without having to pay extra?

Thanks and if the answer is no that it's included ill be buying it on Friday.

- Brad

I'm guessing that's a custom modification you've done (using permissions to limit to staff, and then some custom edits to allow the OP as well)?
I've not modified anything on it, other than a line of css to fit my theme. I might have to visit the other site, but I'm not in any major rush.

is going to have a different license or who have best answer license will get community answers "free"?
It will be a separate license. Best Answer for XF1 will still be maintained (for XF1), Community Answers will be a separate add-on for XF2 only.

It will be a separate license. Best Answer for XF1 will still be maintained (for XF1), Community Answers will be a separate add-on for XF2 only.
it will be possibile to migrate from best answer to community answers?

Coming soon (all features are configurable):
  • Choose between thread starter choosing the best answer or the community (like it is now)

Even if I believe that this phrase answers my question, I want to be sure. The way that I want to use this mod is that only the user who post the question, will decides which is the best answer. Nobody else. Is this supporting?

Even if I believe that this phrase answers my question, I want to be sure. The way that I want to use this mod is that only the user who post the question, will decides which is the best answer. Nobody else. Is this supporting?
Hi,

This was scrapped as a feature in 2015. Support from customers for that feature was not substantial and we wish to focus the add-on around communities.

To change the best answer another it needs only to get more votes comparing to the actual best answer or this "change" need to be approved from someone?

I cant access to this threads on your support forum:
https://www.apantic.com/community/threads/alternative-answers.7/
https://www.apantic.com/community/threads/reminder-to-come-back-and-vote.20/
I need to register to view them?
Add-ons were moved to the nanocode brand, which is why those links are dead. Where did you find them?

Here are those threads:

It only needs to get more votes. A change does not need to be approved. The aim of the add-on is to encourage the community to be able to vote for suitable answers.

Top Bottom