[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Is it possible to entirely remove the callback?
It causes errors and I do not want to have any callbacks in software that I use.

Hi @Robust,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I was looking on your site (apantic.com) at this add-on and was considering making a purchase and then saw in the sidebar "Branding Removal (50.00 GBP)", does that mean branding removal is an extra payment of £50 on top of the £25 for the add-on?

Thank you

Hi @Robust,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I was looking on your site (apantic.com) at this add-on and was considering making a purchase and then saw in the sidebar "Branding Removal (50.00 GBP)", does that mean branding removal is an extra payment of £50 on top of the £25 for the add-on?

Thank you
Yeah, branding removal is that added on top of the add-on.

Were you not going to release the v2.0?
Of course it's a planned update but it's not exactly on the immediate release list. Best Answer is in a good position right now and it's likely the 1.2 update will be released before 2.0. 2.0 includes a huge recode that we're in the middle of currently but there are still lots of things to iron out, followed by a thorough bug testing window (we do implement quite a few changes in 2.0).

Thanks @MattW for reporting this, I was about to do the same.
My site was down 2 days because of this error.
Im also aking @Apantic , why this addon is doing a callback to Apantic site every time a page is requested?

Thanks for the report. It's been fixed. nginx wasn't delivering the new renewed SSL certificate, so when the existing one expired it was still delivering that one. It's been fixed, a new SSL certificate is being sent. Although, I'm sure the callback ignores SSL insecurity. Might not be on this add-on.

Thanks @MattW for reporting this, I was about to do the same.
My site was down 2 days because of this error.
Im also aking @Apantic , why this addon is doing a callback to Apantic site every time a page is requested?
The SSL certificate expired about 18 hours ago. It shouldn't cause site downtime, but could cause a laggier load. It's not ideal, I know. If a customer has branding removal, they can send me a message to completely disable callbacks. Non branding removal customers can contact me for direct template insertion of the copyright notice, and disable the callback. It is important to contact us prior to doing anything. Best Answer 2.0 (using Apantic Core) will fix this problem. Apantic Core handles all add-ons and their copyright notices, for example. It works two ways:
  1. callback to servers every 24 hours (cron), or forcefully at admin discretion
  2. enter a license key, if you purchase branding removal later then change the license key

The callback is simply done on a template modification, it should be called once every template rebuild when I last asked how it works.

It was doing a call back on every page request
upload_2016-3-8_17-59-38.webp

and wouldn't load any of the site. It just reported an "unexpected error has occurred" message

Last edited:
I could plan on changing this up for a Best Answer 1.2, of course. Next major Apantic add-on updates (most are done and in testing or almost done) have incorporated the Apantic Core idea. 1.2 wouldn't do that, but it could have an improved callback nevertheless. It's obviously less than ideal anyway, but it's the simplest way to do it without cron scheduled checking.

The point of the callback is convenience, obviously it's doing the opposite.

I know. If a customer has branding removal, they can send me a message to completely disable callbacks. Non branding removal customers can contact me for direct template insertion of the copyright notice, and disable the callback. It is important to contact us prior to doing anything. Best Answer 2.0 (using Apantic Core) will fix this problem. Apantic Core handles all add-ons and their copyright notices, for example. It works two ways:
  1. callback to servers every 24 hours (cron), or forcefully at admin discretion
  2. enter a license key, if you purchase branding removal later then change the license key
I have a branding removal from day one.
I have sent you a screenshot for the Branding removal via PM months ago.
I have also contacted Apantic in their support site for other issues related with Branding, and they never mentioned that I have to change any keys.

Top Bottom