MyBB Faster then Xenforo ?

when the css and js is minimalized, people should see a noticeable difference. That won't happen until 1.0 gold.

As mentioned, mybb uses TOO MUCH table code. Granted some should probably be used, but not that much.

And mybb is FUGLY.

xF has the best SEO of any forum software(by far, in my opinion) and that says alot. MyBB may be slightly faster, but xenForo is offering 3 times as much in my opinion. It's well worth the trade off...

when the css and js is minimalized, people should see a noticeable difference. That won't happen until 1.0 gold.

As mentioned, mybb uses TOO MUCH table code. Granted some should probably be used, but not that much.

And mybb is FUGLY.

xF has the best SEO of any forum software(by far, in my opinion) and that says alot. MyBB may be slightly faster, but xenForo is offering 3 times as much in my opinion. It's well worth the trade off...

The slight differences is because Zend library elements are there, if you use APC or xCache it gets more improvement. Also I did some benchmark test and even on a really low end VPS (256mb/512) 2 cores, it can handle 10k connections at 1000 concurrency without destroying the sever, good queries and proper things cached can help scaling a lot.

Excellent performance -some- of the time, isn't good in the real world. Good, consistent, predictable performance is the best.

Saying that, I do believe there is a possibility for performance improvement in XenForo.

Ofcoruse if you want blinding performance XenForo could look into vBulls Varnish or Litespeed plugins and make one integrated to XenForo. Then a server setup of Litespeed + L-cache or Apache+Varnish would handle and perform like a dream.

Top Bottom