XF 2.2 MyBB redirections to Xenforo

I have seen your myBB forum and see very few treads.
How many treads do you have? If there are few you can do a manual redirect in the hatacces file

I note your myBB installation is still in the domain root.

I would recommend archiving that in a directory (or deleting it) and moving XF to the domain root, then implementing any redirects.

I note your myBB installation is still in the domain root.

I would recommend archiving that in a directory (or deleting it) and moving XF to the domain root, then implementing any redirects.

Yes my plan is to get the redirects in order, and then move xenforo to the root and remove mybb.

The redirects will change once XF is moved.

So you will either have to implement redirects now which don't work, or change them once you move XF.

Search in google: hatacess redirect 301

Would this be correct?
Redirect 301 /thread-akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte https://danskeakvarier.dk/threads/akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte.13/

So you will either have to implement redirects now which don't work, or change them once you move XF.
I assume i can write them in .htaccess within xenforo and then just move the whole bunch over? Of course without the folder

Last edited:
Search in google: hatacess redirect 301

Is this correct?

Redirect 301 /thread-akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte https://danskeakvarier.dk/threads/akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte.13/

Redirect 301 https://danskeakvarier.dk/thread-akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte https://danskeakvarier.dk/threads/akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte.13/

or should i remove the domain and just do:

Redirect 301 /thread-akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte /threads/akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte.13/

I assume this would be a correct redirect, for .htaccess?

Redirect 301 /thread-akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte /threads/akvariehobbien-hvor-skal-jeg-starte.13/
Redirect 301 /thread-den-fiskeløse-cyklus-etablering-af-nyt-akvarie /threads/den-fiskeløse-cyklus-etablering-af-nyt-akvarie.7/
Redirect 301 /thread-akvarie-vandet-bliver-hvidt /threads/akvarie-vandet-bliver-hvidt.9/
Redirect 301 /thread-hvad-er-kvælstofkredsløbet-de-tre-stadier-i-dit-akvarie /threads/hvad-er-kvælstofkredsløbet-de-tre-stadier-i-dit-akvarie.6/
Redirect 301 /thread-human-metode-til-aflivning-af-syge-fisk /threads/human-metode-til-aflivning-af-syge-fisk.15/
Redirect 301 /thread-hvornår-er-ammoniak-ammonium-giftigt /threads/hvornår-er-ammoniak-ammonium-giftigt.14/

I moved my forum, but it seemed to break it a bit. Where and how can i correct the url. I can no longer access admin page or threads. o_O

Seems like admin.php was missing. Strange, I think something happened under transfer...

Is there a way to validate, that all files are present?

1693605046049.png

I believe this can be fixed, with just moving the installation zip file in and just cancelling overwrite so all missing files get added?

Last edited:
Seems like admin.php was missing. Strange, I think something happened under transfer...

Is there a way to validate, that all files are present?

View attachment 290622

I believe this can be fixed, with just moving the installation zip file in and just cancelling overwrite so all missing files get added?

I've seen the answer around here is just to download the latest version and to re-upload all the files in.

I've seen the answer around here is just to download the latest version and to re-upload all the files in.
That seemed to fix the issues.

Now it seems like my 301 rewrites are not working.

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    Redirect 301 /thread-den-fiskeløse-cyklus-etablering-af-nyt-akvarie /threads/den-fiskeløse-cyklus-etablering-af-nyt-akvarie.7/
    Redirect 301 /thread-akvarie-vandet-bliver-hvidt /threads/akvarie-vandet-bliver-hvidt.9/
    Redirect 301 /thread-hvad-er-kvælstofkredsløbet-de-tre-stadier-i-dit-akvarie /threads/hvad-er-kvælstofkredsløbet-de-tre-stadier-i-dit-akvarie.6/
    Redirect 301 /thread-human-metode-til-aflivning-af-syge-fisk /threads/human-metode-til-aflivning-af-syge-fisk.15/
    Redirect 301 /thread-hvornår-er-ammoniak-ammonium-giftigt /threads/hvornår-er-ammoniak-ammonium-giftigt.14/

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to workaround HTTP Basic auth issues when using PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

That seemed to fix the issues.

Now it seems like my 301 rewrites are not working.

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to workaround HTTP Basic auth issues when using PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

I didn't do any of this when I moved from MyBB, I just used this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-redirects-for-vbulletin.6123/
As it was advised by @Chris D since it was similar to vBulletin, it works for the most part.

Top Bottom