XF 2.2 I wanna migrate from mybb to XF

KhanTastic

Hi friends,

I have one XF forum already and love XF, I have another forum also but that is mybb software.
I spent a hell of time on mybb forum, creating sections/ forums and it has a couple of users and around 200 posts only. My mybb forum is very small, freshly made, I am thinking of migrating it to XF, I wonder if its easy to migrate to XF as I do not have large database also on mybb forum. Would it be easy to migrate?

What is the first step please, anyone can guide me step by step so that I will not mess with mybb forum migrating to XF, because I spent a lot of time creating sections/ categories on mybb forum and I do not have the courage to do that again on a fresh XF site, so I wish to move mybb forum to XF, appreciate your guidance!

Cheers

I have one XF forum already and love XF, I have another forum also but that is mybb software.
I spent a hell of time on mybb forum, creating sections/ forums and it has a couple of users and around 200 posts only. My mybb forum is very small, freshly made, I am thinking of migrating it to XF, I wonder if its easy to migrate to XF as I do not have large database also on mybb forum. Would it be easy to migrate?

What is the first step please, anyone can guide me step by step so that I will not mess with mybb forum migrating to XF, because I spent a lot of time creating sections/ categories on mybb forum and I do not have the courage to do that again on a fresh XF site, so I wish to move mybb forum to XF, appreciate your guidance!

Cheers
I passed 5 years ago. I even made a video on youtube about it later. This gives you some idea.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

an additional note i think it was xenforo 1.5 from mybb. I switched to 1.5. I made the mistakes and forum edits during the transition. then i upgraded to xenforo 2
But I think it is possible to switch directly to xenforo 2. Dude, watch the videos about this event, read the documentation, then back up your forum and get down to business.

an additional note i think it was xenforo 1.5 from mybb. I switched to 1.5. I made the mistakes and forum edits during the transition. then i upgraded to xenforo 2
But I think it is possible to switch directly to xenforo 2. Dude, watch the videos about this event, read the documentation, then back up your forum and get down to business.
Thank u for guidance, I would follow your steps and suggestions 🙏 😊

You will delete all mybb files. only uploads will stay because there are avatars in uploads. After that, upload the xenforo files to the server, create mysql for xenforo, then do the installation process. Then you will do the import. That is all

Top Bottom