1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my biggest regret going with ipb

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by maidos, Sep 14, 2011.

1. maidos

maidos Active Member

i never realized how much the ipb cpu intensive is. I wonder if theres a point where xenforo with more features will face thee same issue? noticed week 35 was when i converted from vbulletin to ipb

[​IMG]

2. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

I would like to see this graph after you convert to XenForo. ;)

3. Floris

Floris Guest

Please upgrade to 1.1 first, run it for a week, then compare

DaveL likes this.
  4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I have never liked IPB's pageload from browsers.

5. Sean James

Sean James Well-Known Member

This is my biggest regret also, usage is way higher than vB4

6. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

You converted to to IPB as well? I'm really, really stuck between moving my vB 3.8 board (which currently runs awesome on my hardware) to XF or IPB 3.2.

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Is this an Apples to Apples comparison ?
    Are you running more addons in the IPB example ?

8. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

If you changed from VB to XF, this is what you would have experienced: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/server-load-vb-xf-joomla-proof-is-everything.8073/

As that thread outlines... my existing VB install had literally only a few minor mods, as the server load was already intensive... with XF, I now have over 30 mods installed, and with a little further tweaking of the server, the load hasn't changed in the past year with more mods being added to it.

9. maidos

maidos Active Member

i use no add on on ipb, but vbulletin i had 7

i cant switch to xf when theres no download mods. i waited 1 year for that and no concrete words from any devs from developing that

10. Sean James

Sean James Well-Known Member

Yeah mate I converted last October from vB4 to IPB3.1. Dont get me wrong I love the look of IPB 3.1 & 3.2 I just see a much larger use in CPU usage

11. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Larger than VB? Blimey, I didn't think it possible. Did you go from 3.x or 4.x to IPB?

12. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I found the same when I moved from vB3.8.4 to IPB 3.1 - slower and a heavier server load.

After a few months of testing, changes, optimisation, and adding more memory to the server - I got IPB working at a lot faster but I never quite got it working as fast as vB3.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D