my biggest regret going with ipb

maidos

i never realized how much the ipb cpu intensive is. I wonder if theres a point where xenforo with more features will face thee same issue? noticed week 35 was when i converted from vbulletin to ipb

R20CK.png

If you changed from VB to XF, this is what you would have experienced: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/server-load-vb-xf-joomla-proof-is-everything.8073/

As that thread outlines... my existing VB install had literally only a few minor mods, as the server load was already intensive... with XF, I now have over 30 mods installed, and with a little further tweaking of the server, the load hasn't changed in the past year with more mods being added to it.

You converted to to IPB as well? I'm really, really stuck between moving my vB 3.8 board (which currently runs awesome on my hardware) to XF or IPB 3.2.

Yeah mate I converted last October from vB4 to IPB3.1. Dont get me wrong I love the look of IPB 3.1 & 3.2 I just see a much larger use in CPU usage

Yeah mate I converted last October from vB4 to IPB3.1. Dont get me wrong I love the look of IPB 3.1 & 3.2 I just see a much larger use in CPU usage

I found the same when I moved from vB3.8.4 to IPB 3.1 - slower and a heavier server load.

After a few months of testing, changes, optimisation, and adding more memory to the server - I got IPB working at a lot faster but I never quite got it working as fast as vB3.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom