Multiple errors (Is it running, shardFailures, failed to index etc..)

PVO_Dave

Hi,

I've been having some issues with Elastic search lately, usually cured by killing the process, restarting it and rebuilding the index, but tonight it just won't come back :(

When trying to rebuild you get the is it running message, checking the error logs I see the following:

XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: SearchPhaseExecutionException[Failed to execute phase [query], total failure; shardFailures {[_na_][xenforodb][0]: No active shards}{[_na_][xenforodb][1]: No active shards}{[_na_][xenforodb][2]: No active shards}{[_na_][xenforodb][3]: No active shards}{[_na_][xenforodb][4]: No active shards}] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:716

XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch server returned no response. Is it running? Elasticsearch indexing failed for post-2578246 - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:721

and this when I try and re-index:

XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch server returned no response. Is it running? Elasticsearch indexing failed for post- - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:721

Can anyone help please? I really don't know what I'm doing with Linux, so dummys guide please :(

Dave.