1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuild Search: "No response returned from Elasticsearch. Is it running?"

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by Marcus, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I always get the "No response returned from Elasticsearch. Is it running?" messagen when I rebuild my search index. I have installed Elasticsearch from the sticked RHEL installation guide of this forum.

Is there another way to test if elasticsearch is working?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Try running this via the command line and seeing if it responds:
    Code:
    curl http://127.0.0.1:9200
    If not, then either the service isn't running or it's bound to a different IP. Check the network.host (IIRC) value in the config.

3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I get this

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, that looks like it's running there. Check the network configuration in ES though. You may want to explicitly bind to 127.0.0.1 anyway.

Marcus likes this.
  5. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I set configuration in this section as follow and the search index can be rebuild now:
    In addition I asked my server management to open port 9200 (before I started this thread), I am unsure if this was necessary.

Andy.N likes this.
  6. Hoffi

Hoffi Well-Known Member

I hab this at the first try to reindex. Restartet the Elastisearch service and trye again. Then it works. Have you tried that?

7. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I used the restart ... command but it did not work. With my the changes in the configuration file (post #5) and after restarting it, everything works.