Implemented Multi-quote

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
"MQ" is a bit ambiguous, not exactly says Multi-Quote for me. Simple "Quote +" or "Quote -" to indicate it has been added if using icons are out of the question. I do like this feature request, it's one that is greatly used on my forums.

It's been suggested many times, and hopefully it'll be added in a future version.
I used MQ all the time when I was using another software.

If you all really want this feature, you should "like" the first post. ;) My only disagreement is the "MQ". Instead of "MQ", I think it should use a "+", like this:

reply-queue-png.829

That being said, I believe this is tentatively planned for sometime in the future:

That's not bad... perhaps we'll look at an implementation like this when we come to do it. :)

It's been suggested many times, and hopefully it'll be added in a future version.
I used MQ all the time when I was using another software.
I did a search, but there wasn't an actual suggestion thread for it. I knew it was probably mentioned somewhere, but I thought a separate thread would keep it more in everyones attention, possibly bringing new ideas to it :)

When it comes to multi quote, I can't say I use it in the way many might think. Multi quote to me is the feature where we have various quoted people in one quote, if that is what you mean then I disagree with this being a feature. If you mean having one quote your reply then a second quote with your reply, technically the feature already exists.

Reply ones on a post then reply with your own stuff, find another post on that same page, click reply and it adds the quote right below your reply to the first quote. So you have multiple quotes in one reply.

When it comes to multi quote, I can't say I use it in the way many might think. Multi quote to me is the feature where we have various quoted people in one quote, if that is what you mean then I disagree with this being a feature. If you mean having one quote your reply then a second quote with your reply, technically the feature already exists.

Reply ones on a post then reply with your own stuff, find another post on that same page, click reply and it adds the quote right below your reply to the first quote. So you have multiple quotes in one reply.
What exists is an 'add to quick reply' not a multi-quote. Multi-quote means adding a post to a queue, without being forced to the quick reply like it is now. Also multi-quote allows browsing through multiple thread pages, and building a list of posts to quote at once. This is not possible with the current Reply system.

Ahhh so I'm wrong on both, in that case that type of feature I would love to see. Save me time on reading pages then having to copy and paste then going back and pasting my entire post in quick reply or post reply page.

What exists is an 'add to quick reply' not a multi-quote. Multi-quote means adding a post to a qeue, without being forced to the quick reply like it is now. Also multi-quote allows browsing through multiple thread pages, and building a list of posts to quote at once. This is not possible with the current Reply system.

being able to browse thru multiple pages in the same thread while your quick reply draft moves with you from page to page within the thread would be enormously helpful.

I use MQ on a daily basis as generally in a long thread you want to reply to more than one poster without creating a whole bunch of posts that seem like spam. So +1 great idea dutch ...

Multi-quote, selective quote and standard quote can all be integrated into the Reply button. How?
When quoting, display a plus icon next to the post, or do something to denote this. This suggests that the post has been quoted. If you do this for each post you quote, multi-quote functionality becomes available. You could then cookie-store everything that was quoted until the Post Reply button is hit, then the cookie is cleared.
Selective quoting can work by only quoting whatever is highlighted when the Reply button is hit.

I am starting to miss the multi-quote functionality I was used to in vBulletin now. Hope to see it in a future Xenforo version.

I miss it too, and to be honest I don't reply to a lot of things I might have otherwise, because it's just too much of a hassle to keep track.

I miss it too, and to be honest I don't reply to a lot of things I might have otherwise, because it's just too much of a hassle to keep track.

I experience the same... too much hassle indeed and not in line with the otherwise refreshing user-friendliness of Xenforo.

I think of forum software without Multi-Quote as "Free" software like phpBB3, etc.
I think Admin and Mods like Multi-Quote.

What about Hovering over Reply brings other options ?

Just a quick question (which I posted here as a suggestion also). Will the multi-quote functionality ever be possible across multiple pages?

If not, consider this a suggestion to do so ;)

Top Bottom