Implemented Multi-quote

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
After migrating to XF (from vB) over the weekend, this was the biggest single complaint we had. What's the likelihood of this getting added to the core?

After migrating to XF (from vB) over the weekend, this was the biggest single complaint we had. What's the likelihood of this getting added to the core?
I think they have the intention to add it at some point, but are still looking for the most elegant way to do it.

The XenForo Enhanced Search and Resource Manager are both add-ons, so neither of them will be in 1.2 as core functionality.

The way the "multi quote" works in XF isn't good at all.

So you click "reply" and it brings you down to the posting box. Then you have to scroll up to where you think you left off in the thread to then click the "reply" button again and back to the bottom reply box. Rinse and repeat.

Really needs to be addressed. It doesn't work very well. Plus it would be nice if the reply bnotton was clicked twice that the quotes would be seperated with a line break. Brand X seems to work like that.

Yeah... If I remember correctly, myBB had a "multi-quote" option. It allowed you to add multiple quotes to the editor. One thing I did like about it.
Don't get me wrong Tracy...XF offers the multi quote by clicking the reply button next to each post and adds it to the editor. But it's awkward. Once you click the reply button for the first post you want to multi quote the program brings you to the posting box. You then have to go back up into the thread and find the next post you want to add to the post and go through that hunt and peck process over and over. Plus as others have indicated, if you end up going to another page the quotes you previously added to the editor are gone. Additionally all the quotes are just run together instead of having a return added after each multi quote. Just a little awkward.

It's one thing [:p ] that vB seemed to get right. But, the fact is I'm here (and so are others) because I think XF is better overall and certainly going forward ...I hope sooner rather than later the multi quote idea will be addressed.

Don't get me wrong Tracy...XF offers the multi quote by clicking the reply button next to each post and adds it to the editor. But it's awkward. Once you click the reply button for the first post you want to multi quote the program brings you to the posting box. You then have to go back up into the thread and find the next post you want to add to the post and go through

I'm familiar with the VB process... and also the myBB one (I ran myBB for a long time). On myBB, there is a button beside the Reply button that (in default style) looks like pieces of paper with a pencil and a "+" beside it. Pressing that allows the post to be put into the quote queue.

I'm familiar with the VB process... and also the myBB one (I ran myBB for a long time). On myBB, there is a button beside the Reply button that (in default style) looks like pieces of paper with a pencil and a "+" beside it. Pressing that allows the post to be put into the quote queue.
Yep. I wish something similar can be put in place here. We'll see. Frankly it's an important feature for a forum. Some may disagree but it's important on my forum and others have suggested it's important for them too.

Top Bottom