Implemented Multi-quote

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I am really suprised this feature is still not included in the core after 3 years it was requested. I wonder if it is a reason for that? This is one of the most important features for a forum software I would say.

FWIW, one of XF's competitors figured out how to use the quick reply box for all replies (as XF is trying to do), while also supporting single quote, multi-quote, and partial quotes across pages and across threads. And it doesn't force you to lose your place in the thread you are quoting. If you are curious, take a look at the beta of Burning Board 4.
Just tried multi-quoting at beta.woltlab.com and I really like the way it is done. You can quote posts from thread then go to conversation and insert quotes to conversation. So you can carry over your quotes from one place to another without losing the quotes. Very clever I have to say! Anyway I think the devs are often coming for an inspiration over here as many things there look very similar :cautious:

will this work on mobile devices and any browser?
sounds good but this option should be in the core and not as a paid plugin
"Any browser" is pretty big these day, but it should work on most of them (at least on all the popular browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera); and yes, it works on all the popular mobile platforms.

Although it is great to have this addon available, it might make sense to have this in teh next 1.2x release in the core. It can not be the solution to spread here and there money around for features which are basic and i today forums world a kind of standard feature ;)

I want to avoid beeing forced to install 20+ addons in XF, just to have it up to date with forum features. The rsik to break something is too high with each modification...

I am really suprised this feature is still not included in the core after 3 years it was requested. I wonder if it is a reason for that? This is one of the most important features for a forum software I would say.
I'm surprised as well! I never knew this suggestion thread existed. But to see multi-quote was suggested 3 years ago. I wonder if there's ever going to be an official response from the XF Team about this suggestion.?! Perhaps the 60+ people who liked the op should happen by the Team's profiles and ask them what they think of the suggestion
di-V2LS.gif

J.

Kier and Mike have read all suggestions. Just because they haven't commented, doesn't mean the suggestion hasn't been seen.

Earlier in this thread someone posted a screen shot of a message from Kier. He said that he will add multi-quote if he can figure out a not awful way that doesn't clutter the interface with lots of controls.

I really don't think this problem is so complex that in three years no solution can be found. Especially in light of the fact that one can pay $5 for a plugin that fixes this. Also, the problem does not only affect multi-quote. The unified reply interface changes focus to the quick reply box every time the reply button is pressed. This causes the user to lose his/her place in the thread every time a response action is taken, be it single or multi. There have been complaints about this too.

Using the quick reply box for every reply response may well be a clean design, but from a utility point of few, it's awful.

Kier and Mike have read all suggestions. Just because they haven't commented, doesn't mean the suggestion hasn't been seen.
I get what you're saying Jeremy, but it would be fairly awesome to see some indication as an end-user that a particular suggestion has received "consideration" or "in development". Two great prefixes I hope @Mike would be willing to add. Just my two cents though :).

I have a very large forum that wants to move to xenforo, but we can't until multi-quote is implemented. But I am glad to see that there is already code in progress.

Top Bottom