Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 1.8.16

No permission to buy ($20.00)
@Xon I'm getting this error when upgrading from Multi Prefix 1.5.5 to 1.7.5:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in SV/MultiPrefix/Installer.php at line 99
    SV_MultiPrefix_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 237
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/public/admin.php at line 13

I tried restarting php-fpm and nginx, not helping.

Here's the entry from server error log when trying to do the above upgrade:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Stack Trace

#0 /home/public/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n              ...')
#1 /home/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n              ...')
#2 /home/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n              ...')
#3 /home/public/library/SV/MultiPrefix/Installer.php(99): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n              ...', Array)
#4 /home/public/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(214): SV_MultiPrefix_Installer::install(Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#5 /home/public/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'XMMultiPrefix')
#6 /home/public/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(237): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpmd7qQK', 'XMMultiPrefix')
#7 /home/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()
#8 /home/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(68) "https://ourdomain.com/admin.php?add-ons/XMMultiPrefix/upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/XMMultiPrefix/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

@Xon, please:
Does your addon work with the function "Batch Update Threads" (core XF1.5)?

I'll add prefixes to lots of threads within specific sub forums while moving them to higher leveled forums (and delete sub forums after to avoid them).
Now I would need to again move/modify/add another prefix to these threads (max. two prefixes per thread) with a batch update (without moving this time).

Would that work?

Would you pls add support for @Bob 's Article Management System?
It would be great to have multi prefix working in articles as well...

Would you pls add support for @Bob 's Article Management System?
It would be great to have multi prefix working in articles as well...
This feature would require funding due to the complexity and scope. Additionally I currently am extremely limited on how much time I have available due to prior commitments.

This currently isn't supported, start a conversation with me if you would like to fund this feature.
@Xon - would this fix Showcase also? If so, I may be interested in helping with the cost. I have both Articles and Showcase.

Also note - I ran into the batch move issue also. In my case I had prefix already applied to forums. When I installed this addon they no longer worked. Since I’m in a migration, I can work around that. I will apply all prefix first (1 through batch update and the other manual with select all).. then move and it works.

@Xon - would this fix Showcase also? If so, I may be interested in helping with the cost. I have both Articles and Showcase.
No, this only changed batch updating threads. Showcase/articles support would require full funding as these are quite large and complex add-ons.

Also note - I ran into the batch move issue also. In my case I had prefix already applied to forums. When I installed this addon they no longer worked. Since I’m in a migration, I can work around that. I will apply all prefix first (1 through batch update and the other manual with select all).. then move and it works.
Please give some more information by what you mean "no longer worked"?

@Xon - great looks like this update fixes one of the issues (Bulk updated prefix). What I had found:
1) I could use "Batch Update Threads" and assign the first prefix, then I would have to manually use "Select All" in the forum to apply the other Prefix. Then I could use Batch Update Threads to move them and it would keep all the prefix.
2) Does 1.8.1 allow you to use "Batch Update Threads" and assign multiple prefix to it? If that is the case, that is one of the "bugs/features" I was going to discuss with you. That will make migrations and thread collapsing much quicker. ;)

The other issue I ran into is:
1) I had threads which already had 1 prefix applied.
2) I applied the the multi prefix addon
3) After the addon was applied the prefix for the threads wouldn't sort.
4) To resolve, I did a "batch update to the threads and was able to resolve that way... but that is because I was collapsing sub category forum (i.e. the prefix for all are the same initially). If it was a forum with multiple prefix that would have had to be resolve manually.

Are you aware of that issue or was it fixed with this update? let me know if you need more information.

Hey, I'm using a Multi Prefix 1.1.1 (since 02.12.2014 :D).
I'm thinking about updating to XF2, could you tell me if the new version of Multi Prefix support XF 2? :)
And is this addon still supported?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm using a Multi Prefix 1.1.1 (since 02.12.2014 :D).
I'm thinking about updating to XF2, could you tell me if the new version of Multi Prefix support XF 2? :)
XF2 support is planned, but not yet implemented. I've got quite a few add-ons to convert.

And is this addon still supported?
View attachment 162861
Yes it is supported.

Per this thread I've taken over this add-on. This thread has instructions on how to claim eligible licences to be transferred over.

Sorry if suggested but I use an add-on I found earlier that adds prefixes to the forum view so users can quickly find specific ones inside that node. Is it possible you can add that into this add-on so I can remove the other since I own this?

The attachment is from the other add-on.
+1 for this.

Top Bottom