Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 1.8.16

No permission to buy ($20.00)
I bought your addon about 3 years ago, now after upgrading to XF 2 (your addon was removed because I didn't know you had a XF 2 version), when I try to rebuild my index for Enhanced Search, multi-prefixes "seems" to cause the indexing to crash.
Code:
XFES\Elasticsearch\BulkRequestException: Elasticsearch indexing error: Elasticsearch bulk action error (first error: [thread-117803] failed to parse [prefix]) src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php:430
====
Code:
#0 src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php(180): XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->bulkRequest('{"index":{"_ind...')
#1 src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(82): XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->indexBulk(Array)
#2 src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(57): XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->flushBulkIndexing()
#3 src/XF/Search/Search.php(40): XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->index(Object(XF\Search\IndexRecord))
#4 src/XF/Search/Search.php(59): XF\Search\Search->index('post', Object(ThemeHouse\PostComments\XF\Entity\Post))
#5 src/XF/Search/Search.php(85): XF\Search\Search->indexEntities('post', Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#6 src/XF/Job/SearchRebuild.php(57): XF\Search\Search->indexRange('post', 1523251, '5000')
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\SearchRebuild->run(G)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(111): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#10 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(262): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'run-job', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#15 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#17 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#18 {main}
====

I realized that I had not updated this addon, I used version 1.4.12.
My questions are, and hopefully you know the answer to that:

1. Would updating the addon before migrating from XF 1.5 to XF 2 fix the issue?
2. If not, how would I safely uninstall the XF 1.5 addon before migrating to XF 2 and do you think that would prevent the indexing issue?
3. Will installing the XF 2 version of your addon prevent the indexing issue?

Any other solution, please let me know.

Thank you.

@Xon I read more conversations about this issue, here is what I am going to do:
1. On my XF 1.5 install, I will upgrade from 1.4.12 to 1.8.16
2. Then I'll migrate from XF 1.5 to XF 2.1
3. Install Enhanced Search and rebuild the index
4. Install Multi Prefix for XF 2.1

Let me know if I missed anything :).

No matter what you do; you will need to completely delete your search index and start again as later versions of ElasticSearch are horribly bad at changing indexing types.

@Xon I read more conversations about this issue, here is what I am going to do:
1. On my XF 1.5 install, I will upgrade from 1.4.12 to 1.8.16
2. Then I'll migrate from XF 1.5 to XF 2.1
3. Install Enhanced Search and rebuild the index
4. Install Multi Prefix for XF 2.1

Let me know if I missed anything :).
That should work.

1. Would updating the addon before migrating from XF 1.5 to XF 2 fix the issue?
2. If not, how would I safely uninstall the XF 1.5 addon before migrating to XF 2 and do you think that would prevent the indexing issue?
3. Will installing the XF 2 version of your addon prevent the indexing issue?
1. Yes
2. You would need to uninstall the XF1 version, then ensure the xf_thread.prefix_id (which requires custom SQL to change if not). Then you need to completely delete the search index.
3. Yes.

Top Bottom