Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 1.8.16

No permission to buy ($20.00)
So, is it just me who doesn't like this chosen UI implementation?
I'd love to revert back a few versions but I don't want threads with 2 prefixes to lose them.

TBH, I'm finding the chosen implementation much nicer to work with. Next version will push the max prefixes in a forum out so the UI properly displays handles it.

So, is it just me who doesn't like this chosen UI implementation?
Can you elaborate on what it is you do not like? So far to me it is much easier changing between prefixes, selecting prefixes and seeing what prefix you have selected.

Aside from some minor styling improvements I much prefer this than the default.

Prefix selection being above the thread title box, whereas before it was beside it. Taking valuable space.

1.webp 2.webp

Valuable space for what? Anyhow I still think end users will appreciate an easier experience selecting thread prefixes and knowing exactly which ones are selected. The default XF prefix system was never intended for multiple prefixes and was always a frustrating part of my daily routine.

Valuable space for what? Anyhow I still think end users will appreciate an easier experience selecting thread prefixes and knowing exactly which ones are selected. The default XF prefix system was never intended for multiple prefixes and IMO was always a frustrating part of my daily routine.

It's just that little extra bit of space that it takes where before it did not.
And I 100% agree, this would be a great solution if you have a lot of prefixes. I don't, searching for them isn't necessary.

XF2 is currently using a library called select2. Might need to investigate that one, since it looks a lot more themeable.

Not trying be argumentative but when you have 2 prefixes selected and you just wanted to change one of them in the old version you had to clear them both by clicking No Prefix in the drop down then re-select the one you want. Now with the new version you just need to click the 'X' on one of them and save.

Not trying be argumentative but when you have 2 prefixes selected and you just wanted to change one of them in the old version you had to clear them both by clicking No Prefix in the drop down then re-select the one you want. Now with the new version you just need to click the 'X' on one of them and save.

I didn't even know that, goes to show how often I update prefixes.

Hello,

in the version 1.6.3 the prefix are no longer displayed in the topic overview.
Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-15 um 20.27.57.webp
In the 1.5.5 version was still displayed. Is it a bug?
Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-15 um 20.59.03.webp

I just upgraded to 1.6.3, and I can’t seem to delete prefixes for Resource Manager. I’m getting the following error when I try to delete a prefix.

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: '14,17' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: max, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_reso...', Array)
#3 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/XenResource/DataWriter/Prefix.php(147): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_resource', Array, 'prefix_id = 5')
#4 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1793): XenResource_DataWriter_Prefix->_postDelete()
#5 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(1021): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#6 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Prefix.php(176): XenForo_Controller->_deleteData('XenResource_Dat...', 'prefix_id', 'admin.php?resou...')
#7 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Prefix->actionDelete()
#8 /home/scriptd1/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/scriptd1/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "https://www.#########.net/admin.php?resource-prefixes/tv.5/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["resource-prefixes/tv_5/delete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Regards,
Max

Last edited:
Having multiple prefixes for our bug reports forums is great, but for the rest of the site is creates a ton of work for my staff.
5-10% of our threads have too many prefixes. Sometimes 10 prefixes on one thread.
Please add a limit that we can set per node. Or permissions so that we can stop new members from abusing it.

Please add a limit that we can set per node. Or permissions so that we can stop new members from abusing it.
There is already a limit per forum, under "Thread Prefixes" you can set "Maximum Prefixes"

The front-end UI integration (so it stops letting you add them without requiring the backend to say no) is coming in the next major version, as I need to finish off the plumbing off the back-end so the front-end can reliably discover the limits.

I have this addon installed, and it works well.
I just installed Resource Manager and I am having an error when editing or creating a new category in RM and seems to be related with this addon. The error I am getting is:

Code:
The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xm_max_prefixes' in 'field list'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 160
XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionSave() in SV/MultiPrefix/XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 12
SV_MultiPrefix_XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in path.../admin.php at line 13

=== EDIT ===
I just reinstalled the addon and seems to work fine now. Problem solved ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, if you install Resource Manager you need to re-install the add-on to get it to add the fields it expects

Hey, people. I had a problem. All of my prefixes from everywhere on the forum are now gone after installing this. I don't see any logs for such.
There are over 1k threads which lost the prefixes and I don't even remember it myself what belongs where.

Any way to reverse it?

or a way to batch add prefixes somehow?

Last edited:
Top Bottom