Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 1.8.16

No permission to buy ($20.00)
I actually bought this add-on, and it seems to be working fine with your TMDB add-on. So what am I missing? Is there something I should be worried about?
If it's working, don't argue with success. :D

I may be running an older version here that doesn't work. I'll check that later today or Monday.

@Xon

Firstly, thank you for updating such a amazing add-on.

I have a question. Right now the thread prefix comes before the thread title. Is there a way to change the position of thread prefix to later part of the title? Will modifying the thread_view template do the job?

Untitled.webp

@Xon

Firstly, thank you for updating such a amazing add-on.

I have a question. Right now the thread prefix comes before the thread title. Is there a way to change the position of thread prefix to later part of the title? Will modifying the thread_view template do the job?

View attachment 147474
You need to edit the thread_list_item template. Just moving the "<xen:if is="$linkPrefix ... <xen:else />" should be enough, just try avoid editing the start of the if-statement and else statement.

Thank you for taking the trouble to help me.
Could you tell me what line of code I should move and were?

PHP:
<div class="listBlock main">

<div class="titleText">
            <xen:if hascontent="true">
                <div class="iconKey">
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:hook name="thread_list_item_icon_key" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}">
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.isModerated}"><span class="moderated" title="{xen:phrase moderated}">{xen:phrase moderated}</span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="!{$thread.discussion_open}"><span class="locked" title="{xen:phrase locked}">{xen:phrase locked}</span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.sticky}"><span class="sticky" title="{xen:phrase sticky}">{xen:phrase sticky}</span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.isRedirect}"><span class="redirect" title="{xen:phrase redirect}">{xen:phrase redirect}</span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.thread_is_watched} OR {$thread.forum_is_watched}"><span class="watched" title="{xen:phrase watched}">{xen:phrase watched}</span></xen:if>
                    </xen:hook>
                </xen:contentcheck>
                </div>
            </xen:if>

<h3 class="title">
                <xen:if is="{$thread.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="threads[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" class="InlineModCheck" id="inlineModCheck-thread-{$thread.thread_id}" data-target="#thread-{$thread.thread_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_thread}: {$thread.title}" /></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions}"><input type="checkbox" name="thread_ids[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" /></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$thread.prefix_id}">
                    <xen:if is="{$linkPrefix}">
                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'prefix_id={$thread.prefix_id}'}" class="prefixLink"
                            title="{xen:phrase show_only_threads_prefixed_by_x, 'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, plain, ""}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, html, ''}</a>
                    <xen:else />
                        {xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}
                <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
                    class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
                    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
                <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>
            </h3>

<div class="secondRow">
                <div class="posterDate muted">
                    <xen:username user="$thread" title="{xen:phrase thread_starter}" /><span class="startDate">,
                    <a{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, ' href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"'} class="faint"><xen:datetime time="$thread.post_date" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}" /></a></span><xen:if is="{$showForumLink}"><span class="containerName">,
                    <a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a></span></xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$showLastPageNumbers} AND {$thread.lastPageNumbers}">
                        <span class="itemPageNav">
                            <span>...</span>
                            <xen:foreach loop="$thread.lastPageNumbers" value="$pageNumber">
                                <a href="{xen:link threads, $thread, 'page={$pageNumber}'}">{$pageNumber}</a>
                            </xen:foreach>
                        </span>
                </div>

<div class="controls faint">
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.canEditThread}"><a href="javascript:" data-href="{xen:link 'threads/list-item-edit', $thread, 'showForumLink={$showForumLink}'}" class="EditControl JsOnly">{xen:phrase edit}</a></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions} AND {$thread.email_subscribe}">{xen:phrase email}</xen:if>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

Instead of this chunk
Code:
                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'prefix_id={$thread.prefix_id}'}" class="prefixLink"
                            title="{xen:phrase show_only_threads_prefixed_by_x, 'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, plain, ""}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, html, ''}</a>
                <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
                    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
switch it around like this:
Code:

Could something like this add on be done with actual forums?

So you can have a thread 'tagged' with a couple of forums and appear in various nodes?

I've been using a discourse forum recently and it seems that's how they've done away with forum 'nodes' as such and just have categories or forum tags you can tag each thread with, it works very well and users seem to like it. I've been getting users from reddit joining and wanting to cross post threads like they do on reddit or use multiple tags on discourse.

Being able to have some kind of multi-node/forum add on would be interesting.

Sort of like how labels work in gmails.

Do you know if that's been tried with XenForo at all, or if it's possible?

Latest update breaks javascript on the create thread page, and push the prefix selection menu to a weird positions...

1.webp

Broken in default style too. I have to disable the addon, nobody can post threads.
Hoping I can revert to previous versions without losing all threads with multiple prefixes.

@Solidus can you screenshot the javascript errors?

For most browsers; Hit F12, and then reload the page. It should be on a tab called 'console'.

@Solidus The chosen javascript library isn't being loaded. Can you start a PM with me so I can step you through some more troubleshooting steps?

But first, can you try disabling bd cache and see if that helps?

Top Bottom