Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
The all threads with a prefix hasn't been expended to support Multiprefixes, I haven't had time to add support for it.

it still filters by both on the thread list areas......i had the same reaction at first but personally we came to like it better this way.....so that BOTH single and double prefix can be filtered...depending where you filter from....

Yeah, I'm not sure how that would be implemented. The prefixes on the forum list are sorted by group, and some people, like myself, have reason to create some of the same prefixes multiple times, once for one group, again for another group, etc., because we don't want all instances of those prefixes to be grouped together. So there would have to be filters similar to those on nodes, with at least a prefix field and a group field to filter by. And I imagine it would be ungainly to insert that somewhere under each group, so there would have to be one filter menu positioned either above or below the prefix groups....

Last edited:
? Now prefixes don't close while clicking the x.

Hey @Xon -- I am noticing the same with MP2.4.6 that I am unable to remove a prefix once having selected it for a thread. Clicking the x does not close it and you can not delete it out. I have MP2.5.1 in my upgrade queue (use XF to upgrade addons) but I didn't pay attention to realize I cannot install that until I am able to update DB ECom. Any thoughts? Does 2.5.1 fix the pre-fix delete challenge?

Thanks!

? Now prefixes don't close while clicking the x.
Hey @Xon -- I am noticing the same with MP2.4.6 that I am unable to remove a prefix once having selected it for a thread. Clicking the x does not close it and you can not delete it out. I have MP2.5.1 in my upgrade queue (use XF to upgrade addons) but I didn't pay attention to realize I cannot install that until I am able to update DB ECom. Any thoughts? Does 2.5.1 fix the pre-fix delete challenge?

Thanks!
Are you using an UI.X theme? What version of XenForo?

Thanks!

Weird. 2.46 did not have that problem for me (had a different one) while filtering threads - but 2.51 has that problem while filtering. Using XF 2.1.1 with PHP 7.2 on default XF style.

Also, when I uninstalled MP and then re-intalled it - the existing multiple prefixes did not come back. Only single ones remained.

Last edited:

Thanks!
I know it's probably not so simple, but you might want to check to see what user groups can use the prefixes. There's an option named "Block removing prefixes a user does not have access to add" that if checked will prevent you from deleting prefixes if you don't belong to a group that can use them.

EDIT: On second thought, I guess just scratch that idea, because I see you do say that you can "select" it. Oh well. But I can say that I did use version 2.4.6 and did not have that problem. (And I've always used a UI.X style.)

Last edited:
Ah crap, I just had to find out for myself. Upgraded to 2.5.1 and can confirm that you can no longer delete prefixes on threads - on any style. (XF 2.1.1.) :(

Can I overwrite the files with the previous version without causing any problems?

Ah crap, I just had to find out for myself. Upgraded to 2.5.1 and can confirm that you can no longer delete prefixes on threads - on any style. (XF 2.1.1.) :(

Can I overwrite the files with the previous version without causing any problems?

Yea mine was fine too until I upgraded - even though my upgrade is halted, because I need to upgrade my DBECom add on before the multiprefix upgrade will finish - it still 'broke' the ability to delete pre-fixes. It's not awesome, but it's a minor issue that hopefully Xon can push a hotfix for if they have time if we are far away from a new version release.

Yea mine was fine too until I upgraded - even though my upgrade is halted, because I need to upgrade my DBECom add on before the multiprefix upgrade will finish - it still 'broke' the ability to delete pre-fixes. It's not awesome, but it's a minor issue that hopefully Xon can push a hotfix for if they have time if we are far away from a new version release.

I'd probably classify it as a little more than a minor issue for me, since I've put an "Unsorted" prefix on a lot of threads, which is meant to let me and my members know that those threads need to be given proper prefixes, and the "Unsorted" prefix removed when that's done; but I'm confident that Xon will release a fix soon. If I wasn't, I never would have chanced it! I was just thinking I might go ahead and revert to the last version if it were going to be a day or two.

Top Bottom