Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Multi Prefix - Threads can only have one prefix? Says who? Let them have multiples!

Multiple Prefixes!

Ever run into a situation where you want to prefix a thread with multiple tags? Now you can. All the same features still work, clicking a prefix shows all threads prefixed with that same prefix. Searching for a prefix will show all threads that contain that prefix (plus the other ones it has).

Supported content types
  • Threads
  • Resources

Disclaimer

This add-on has to overwrite the thread prefix javascript and the {xen:helper...

Read more about this resource...

So if I have Multi Prefix 1.8.9 in xF1, can I update xF1 do xF2 and then install Multi Prefix 2.0.0?

Can't post a new thread.

Code:
LogicException: sv_prefix_ids must be an array or null in src/addons/SV/MultiPrefix/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 46
SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Entity\Thread->_setInternal() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 607
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/addons/SV/MultiPrefix/Behavior/MultiPrefixable.php at line 444
SV\MultiPrefix\Behavior\MultiPrefixable->preSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1238
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->preSave() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php at line 242
XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_validate() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 17
XF\Service\Thread\Creator->validate() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 726
XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1891
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Hey, I just tried the latest version and it kicked back this error

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1292]: Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: '44,4,5,6' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/SV/MultiPrefix/Setup.php at line 47
    SV\MultiPrefix\Setup->installStep2() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
    SV\MultiPrefix\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
    SV\MultiPrefix\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 390
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1891
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Just purchased, I like the simplicity of the add-on but I'm having a styling issue.
Screenshot 2018-03-22 23.22.19.webp
The add-on is currently creating an awful massive prefix bar in every node with the in-line 'post thread' menu. Please change it to where it animates in with the default behavior of the message editor, perhaps to where the prefix line is parallel with the subject line? I'm going to have to disable the add-on until this is addressed. I appreciate it greatly.

Reactions: CNK
Yes, but I uninstalled before installing this one.

It could be orphaned code or somethin?
Removing the XF1 legecy add-on means this add-on doesn't know it needs to run the upgrade path.

Just purchased, I like the simplicity of the add-on but I'm having a styling issue.
View attachment 171660
The add-on is currently creating an awful massive prefix bar in every node with the in-line 'post thread' menu. Please change it to where it animates in with the default behavior of the message editor, perhaps to where the prefix line is parallel with the subject line? I'm going to have to disable the add-on until this is addressed. I appreciate it greatly.
This is the result of the prefix selection being there by default. It is a bar since once you add 2 or 3 prefixes it consumes a fair chunk of space.

I'll look into only showing the prefix menu once the in-line new thread dialog is expanded. This part of the feature-set wasn't heavily tested since the quick-thread is basically a malfeature for my niche so I don't care about it.

I'll look into only showing the prefix menu once the in-line new thread dialog is expanded. This part of the feature-set wasn't heavily tested since the quick-thread is basically a malfeature for my niche so I don't care about it.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I wasn't aware of this issue when I purchased the add-on and the quick-thread function of XenForo has a large impact on our forum, so much that I'm having to keep it disabled until then.

View attachment 171660

Yup, I think if we use max 2-3 prefixes this big field is unnecessary. IMO it would be nice if there was an old view option (old js).

Thank you, I appreciate it. I wasn't aware of this issue when I purchased the add-on and the quick-thread function of XenForo has a large impact on our forum, so much that I'm having to keep it disabled until then.
Next version pushes the prefix selection into the form which expands out. This results in the prefix selection being pushed under the title, can't win them all.

1521792038873.webp

Yup, I think if we use max 2-3 prefixes this big field is unnecessary. IMO it would be nice if there was an old view option (old js).
Some additional styling probably needs to be done, but the old js/styling simply doesn't work well with multiple prefixes.

Reactions: CNK
Hah, ok, I tried to do this today, but can't find right template modification to move prefix below :)

I also suggest to remove large font in prefix (.input.prefix--title .select2-search__field ) --> remove font-size: @xf-fontSizeLargest; from sv_multiprefix_prefix_input.less

Next version pushes the prefix selection into the form which expands out. This results in the prefix selection being pushed under the title, can't win them all.
What do you think of an option to simply disable prefixes for the quick thread form? Since it's not a manageable fix to streamline by itself, I feel it might be better for the user to click 'More options..' or edit it in later than fight the slim and easy feel that the quick thread section is meant to fulfill. This area is meant for fast and easy threads, and the user will likely need to go deeper into these thread settings for other more 'advanced' options like polls anyways.

Yes, but I uninstalled before installing this one.

It could be orphaned code or somethin?
@tekboi Can you provide the output of the following statement;
SQL:
show create table xf_thread

If using phpmyadmin, you may need to convince it to show the full results and not truncate it.

I need this information to determine how to fix the install.

What do you think of an option to simply disable prefixes for the quick thread form? Since it's not a manageable fix to streamline by itself, I feel it might be better for the user to click 'More options..' or edit it in later than fight the slim and easy feel that the quick thread section is meant to fulfill. This area is meant for fast and easy threads, and the user will likely need to go deeper into these thread settings for other more 'advanced' options like polls anyways.

^ but how about required thread prefixes?

Top Bottom