Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
What do you think of an option to simply disable prefixes for the quick thread form? Since it's not a manageable fix to streamline by itself, I feel it might be better for the user to click 'More options..' or edit it in later than fight the slim and easy feel that the quick thread section is meant to fulfill. This area is meant for fast and easy threads, and the user will likely need to go deeper into these thread settings for other more 'advanced' options like polls anyways.
^ but how about required thread prefixes?
Perhaps just disable multi-prefixes (aka have the add-on not tamper with it), and instead offer the standard prefix option for the quick thread form?

Reactions: CNK
Perhaps just disable multi-prefixes (aka have the add-on not tamper with it), and instead offer the standard prefix option for the quick thread form?
It isn't that simple due to how the prefix input has been extended.

I made a small modification of the style, I think that when the prefix will be put into the form which expands out it will be great and I don't need anything more :)

My current view after changes in the dropdown:
1521797541371.webp

Attachments

• 1521796278922.webp
    1521796278922.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
@tekboi Can you provide the output of the following statement;
SQL:
show create table xf_thread

If using phpmyadmin, you may need to convince it to show the full results and not truncate it.

I need this information to determine how to fix the install.
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 11.57.01 AM.webp

Please uninstall 2.0.0, this will not touch prefix_id where your data is stored.

Then install the attached stub add-on (multiprefix-1.6.0-stub.zip). This will create a Multi Prefix add-on record with a v1.6.0, then deploy 2.0.0 and upgrade it (not install). It will then correctly detect an upgrade install and should migrate data.

Attachments

Please uninstall 2.0.0, this will not touch prefix_id where your data is stored.

Then install the attached stub add-on (multiprefix-1.6.0-stub.zip). This will create a Multi Prefix add-on record with a v1.6.0, then deploy 2.0.0 and upgrade it (not install). It will then correctly detect an upgrade install and should migrate data.
Following your instructions, this is the result when trying to upgrade.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 12.43.04 PM.webp

Xon updated Multi Prefix with a new update entry:

2.0.0 Beta 4 - Maintenance update

• Make quick-thread feature only show prefix selection once post-thread form is expanded
  • Ensure prefix order is forced to match prefix display order to prevent unexpected flip-flopping of prefixes changing.
    • The front-end currently submits prefixes in display order, this ensures the backend enforces that.
  • Improve reliability of some template modifications
  • Improve uninstaller not removing all extra columns from some tables.
  • Improve installer upgrade code...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hmm.. after upgrade prefix field is also in forums without prefixes

1521853535406.webp

Last edited:
Updated the ticket,

After the latest patch, the add-on erased all of my previous pre-fixes that were applied to threads. But it does work when creating new threads.

Also, I discovered if I edit and re-save the threads, the prefixes show up again. I'm pretty sure there is way to bulk refresh all threads in xenforo so that they show up again. But I don't know how.

Also, I discovered if I edit and re-save the threads, the prefixes show up again. I'm pretty sure there is way to bulk refresh all threads in xenforo so that they show up again. But I don't know how.
Can you provide the xf_thread layout again? I think something isn't right :(

Will this eventually support @Bob's AMS add-on once it's available for XF2?
If someone pays for it, it is a non-trivial amount of effort to implement multiprefix support.

Hmm.. after upgrade prefix field is also in forums without prefixes

View attachment 171722
Can you use the "rebuild add-on" option? Can you also check the template modifications and see if any are not applying? I updated them and it ironically may have broke with your custom theme

So i disable my template modifications, rebuild Mulit Prefix few times and now this fix bullet near username, but still show prefix field:
1521884274045.webp

1521884493703.webp

@CNK can you open a ticket on my site and provide a login to your site with access to a forum to post in and admincp access to view templates? I will need to inspect it to see what isn't working properly.

Does the prefix menu display for if you click the 'more options' or start a thread via the "new thread" button?

Last edited:
In post-thread I don't have prefixfield, only in forum with trhead list.
Ok, I opened ticket:

Ticket ID: #46

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom