Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
That is the stock XF phrase "prefix". Try ensuring you set the option "prefix search" so you don't get a crazy amount of hits in the phrase search

Permission error :
You do not have permission to use thread_prefix37 prefix in selected forum.

Attempted to move a thread that has one prefix into non-prefix subforum. Had lodged previously but seems no action taken yet till now. Please confirm you are going to fix it otherwise i need to uninstall this addon.

As mentioned before; I need to know how you are moving the thread. There are at least 3 different ways, more if there are add-ons involved.

Additionally; I need to know if you the prefix is configured for use in the original forum and in the destination for the account you are using.

If you really need help; open a ticket on my site as otherwise it is too easy to miss bug requests in a single thread per add-on.

As mentioned before; I need to know how you are moving the thread. There are at least 3 different ways, more if there are add-ons involved.

Additionally; I need to know if you the prefix is configured for use in the original forum and in the destination for the account you are using.

If you really need help; open a ticket on my site as otherwise it is too easy to miss bug requests in a single thread per add-on.

Forum A - configured with FOUR (4) prefixes (prefixid 37, 38, 39, 40)
Forum B - not configured/assigned any prefix

Moving a thread (id =100, prefixid=37) from Forum A to B and getting error "You do not have permission to use thread_prefix37 prefix in selected forum."

Set prefix as:
Minimum prefixes = 1
Maximum prefixes = 1

Method of thread moving :
In a page of threadid=100 , select More Options > Move Thread

I just noticed :
No issue moving thread using inline moderation

P/s : Post updated to insert more contents

Last edited:
Forum A - configured with FOUR (4) prefixes (prefixid 37, 38, 39, 40)
Forum B - not configured/assigned any prefix

Moving a thread (id =100, prefixid=37) from Forum A to B and getting error "You do not have permission to use thread_prefix37 prefix in selected forum."

Method of thread moving :
In a page of threadid=100 , select More Options > Move Thread

I just noticed :
No issue moving thread using inline moderation
I've tried duplicating this, but have yet to encounter any error. Just out of curiosity, have you tried disabling your other addons, all of them except this one?

I've tried duplicating this, but have yet to encounter any error. Just out of curiosity, have you tried disabling your other addons, all of them except this one?

Set your prefix as below then you will encounter this issue

Minimum prefixes = 1
Maximum prefixes = 1

Set your prefix as below then you will encounter this issue

Minimum prefixes = 1
Maximum prefixes = 1

I assume you mean on the node you're moving the thread to, since you say above that you were moving a thread from a node set up with 4 prefixes. Also, you said above that the node you were moving to had no prefixes. So in that scenario, setting the min/max to 1 in the node you're moving to will give you an error because you haven't met the minimum prefix requirement, which is as it should be. You shouldn't be setting a minimum on a node that uses no prefixes. What am I missing...?

EDIT: Just to be sure you're aware of it: the node you're moving a thread to has to have the same prefix assigned to it if you want the prefix to stay assigned to the thread - otherwise the prefix will simply be deleted.

Last edited:
What i mean about the min/max prefix setting was applies to Forum A.

Forum A
  • configured with FOUR (4) prefixes (prefixid 37, 38, 39, 40)
  • Set as
Minimum prefixes = 1
Maximum prefixes = 1
- TS MUST select ONE prefix in order to create a thread

Forum B
  • No prefix
  • Default set Min/Max prefix =0

Using singular "move thread" gives error while using inline no issues. This should be some sort of bug.

I hope you will get more clear on this explanation.

What i mean about the min/max prefix setting was applies to Forum A.

Forum A
  • configured with FOUR (4) prefixes (prefixid 37, 38, 39, 40)
  • Set as
Minimum prefixes = 1
Maximum prefixes = 1
- TS MUST select ONE prefix in order to create a thread

Forum B
  • No prefix
  • Default set Min/Max prefix =0

Using singular "move thread" gives error while using inline no issues. This should be some sort of bug.

I hope you will get more clear on this explanation.

Aha! Yeah, I can duplicate it now. Yes, the node you're moving a thread from has to be set with min and max of 1 and the node you're moving to has to have no prefixes applied to it. I've never noticed because I don't use those specific settings for any nodes - anywhere I use prefixes I allow a minimum of two.

I do aim to fix this bug (at least make it render the prefix properly), it is just a matter of finding the time as I'm very busy at this time of year. As this doesn't happen in the standard configuration and you can use inline moderation tools to bypass it is is a relatively non-blocking.

I do aim to fix this bug (at least make it render the prefix properly), it is just a matter of finding the time as I'm very busy at this time of year. As this doesn't happen in the standard configuration and you can use inline moderation tools to bypass it is is a relatively non-blocking.

I am not sure when you're saying "standard configuration" as what i did setting here was using standard configuration - set min + max prefix = 1 to force a member select one prefix upon new thread. That was very basic configuration. And i don't know why others not reporting this issue.

I hope you will take this as one of your priority. Staff moderators mostly moderating using singular thread on Moderator Essentials addon especially when a user lodge a thread with link. It would requires more valuable time to do a new search and find threads within inline search results.

I am not sure when you're saying "standard configuration" as what i did setting here was using standard configuration - set min + max prefix = 1 to force a member select one prefix upon new thread. That was very basic configuration. And i don't know why others not reporting this issue.

I suspect most forum admins are like myself and allow at least a couple of prefixes everywhere they allow them at all (hence why they'd want to use a MULTI-prefix mod), and even if they allow only one prefix on certain nodes there's not too many circumstances whereby an admin or mod (on these other forums) would have to regularly move threads with prefixes to nodes that don't allow any prefixes at all. I think that's probably what he meant by a non-standard configuration. Of course he can answer for himself, but I just figured I'd chime to tell you that's probably why no one else is complaining about/reporting it. Since you said you didn't understand it. It just might be because no one else is using the addon/prefixes exactly as you are.

All that aside, it's still a bug and needs to be fixed, of course, even if it maybe only adversely affects one site. No one is arguing otherwise, and I've no doubt that Xon will fix it as soon as time allows.

Hey,

I tried various possible css tweaks but I cannot get it to work. Please help. This tweak worked for me when I had single prefixes, now with multiple it doesn't work anymore.

How can we display the prefixes above the thread title (because that way it is way better for people to read)?

From this:

1578102957738.webp

to this:

1578102502801.webp

display: block does the job, but in the title we cannot target the title-text alone. There is no css selector.

If I target .structItem-title .label which worked for a single prefix, then this happens:

1578102866506.webp

It gives each prefix a new line.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom