• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Moving permalink

Shelley

This tip will move the post number and place it after the "reply" rather than before the "like" button which I feel feels and looks more organised placed at the end (far right).

Please keep this post in here. thanks.

First go into your post template and find the following code.

Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" class="item muted postNumber hashPermalink" title="{xen:phrase permalink}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a>

And then place it after the following.

Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>

The results are the following for those that feel it looks better and want to move theirs to the far right. (Screenshot Below)

postnumber.webp

I dunno but this thread should not have been moved in here when I specifically wrote that it remained in tips and tricks as it's a insignificant change.

I dunno but this thread should not have been moved in here when I specifically wrote that it remained in tips and tricks as it's a insignificant change.
It's a modification to a template isn't it? It seems to me like this is precisely the correct forum for this thread.

Top Bottom