Lack of interest Follow permalink posts - google snippets

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dutchbb

I removed nofollow from the permalink and after that i got the amount of posts and authors very quickly in search. And also the nice snippets below you can see on mobile (Meer=More=post). When i added nofollow these were removed.

So i suggest leaving 1 #post url per post because it could be google is using this to quickly identify a forum layout. This is also the case with media comments and profile posts. It tested this multiple times and snippets get removed when i add nofollow, even with structured data.

On the other hand it is possible less pages will be crawled or take more time to be discovered.

I also saw google is following more of nofollow url's lately, so that would be lost link juice if that is the case. Not sure about the /goto links if these have some effect, still testing.

Naamloos.webp

Last edited:
Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Only on XF2 nofollow is added on permalinks. You got 2 of those per post, '#' and in the post date. Just remove one of those by finding it in the template.

If you search for nofollow in the admin cp you will find all templates containing it.
After a few days it began showing on some threads and now almost all after a month.

Edit: look like you got 3 of those, remove one is enough.

Code:
<div class="message-main js-quickEditTarget">

<header class="message-attribution message-attribution--split">
                        <div class="message-attribution-main">
                            <a href="/community/threads/follow-permalink-posts-google-snippets.155698/post-1293452" class="u-concealed"
                                rel="nofollow">
                                <time  class="u-dt" dir="auto" datetime="2018-11-02T15:14:31+0000" data-time="1541171671" data-date-string="Nov 2, 2018" data-time-string="3:14 PM" title="Nov 2, 2018 at 3:14 PM">Nov 2, 2018</time>
                            </a>
                        </div>

<ul class="message-attribution-opposite message-attribution-opposite--list">

<li>
                                <a href="/community/threads/follow-permalink-posts-google-snippets.155698/post-1293452"
                                    data-xf-init="share-tooltip" data-href="/community/posts/1293452/share"
                                    rel="nofollow">
                                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-share-alt" aria-hidden></i>
                                </a>
                            </li>

<li>
                                    <a href="/community/threads/follow-permalink-posts-google-snippets.155698/post-1293452" rel="nofollow">
                                    </a>
                                </li>

</ul>
                    </header>

<div class="message-content js-messageContent">

Only on XF2 nofollow is added on permalinks. You got 2 of those per post, '#' and in the post date. Just remove one of those by finding it in the template.

If you search for nofollow in the admin cp you will find all templates containing it.
After a few days it began showing on some threads and now almost all after a month.

Edit: look like you got 3 of those, remove one is enough.

Code:
<div class="message-main js-quickEditTarget">

<header class="message-attribution message-attribution--split">
                        <div class="message-attribution-main">
                            <a href="/community/threads/follow-permalink-posts-google-snippets.155698/post-1293452" class="u-concealed"
                                rel="nofollow">
                                <time  class="u-dt" dir="auto" datetime="2018-11-02T15:14:31+0000" data-time="1541171671" data-date-string="Nov 2, 2018" data-time-string="3:14 PM" title="Nov 2, 2018 at 3:14 PM">Nov 2, 2018</time>
                            </a>
                        </div>

<ul class="message-attribution-opposite message-attribution-opposite--list">

<li>
                                <a href="/community/threads/follow-permalink-posts-google-snippets.155698/post-1293452"
                                    data-xf-init="share-tooltip" data-href="/community/posts/1293452/share"
                                    rel="nofollow">
                                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-share-alt" aria-hidden></i>
                                </a>
                            </li>

<li>
                                    <a href="/community/threads/follow-permalink-posts-google-snippets.155698/post-1293452" rel="nofollow">
                                    </a>
                                </li>

</ul>
                    </header>

<div class="message-content js-messageContent">

I love you! (y) Seriously, it baffled me why my phpbb board had all this nice data but xenforo doesn't.

This is also extremely bad for seo. Internal links should never be nofollowed. That's like telling Google you don't trust your own site and looks gamey.

Top Bottom