Moving forums and PP Pro galleries

Bombardier

Hi all
Recently started looking for a replacement for my VB forums and Photopost Pro galleries.
Like the look of this software but I am limited in my knowledge and would need help to migrate everything over. Is it possible to move over all my photos from my PP pro galleries?, they are sorted into many categories and and users personal albums. I assume it would be easy enough to move the forum posts and member database. I know it will be expensive and I will have to pay somebody to do the work but i think Xenofor have got this thing bang on!.

Hello,

Yes it is possible to move everything over.

In addition to XenForo you would also need to purchase XenForo Media Gallery.

Once installed, you would have to do the migration in two steps. The first moves all your users, threads, posts etc. from vBulletin to XF. The second moves all your galleries, categories and albums, photos, comments, etc. from Photopost Pro to XFMG.

Sorry to keep bothering you with pre sales questions but could you answer the following
  1. Is it easy to setup the software in a similar way to your site? e.g having a home page like yours
  2. On the home page would it be possible to have new photos, highest rated photos etc ,show there
  3. would it be possible to have a list of the newest forum posts sho on the home page
  4. Is it easy to insert my own graphic logo
  5. Does the software support articles like on VB4 and can my already existing articles/blogs be imported into xenforo
Thanks in advance.
you guys are doing a great job with xenforo, I am mighty impressed with what I have seen so far.

For number 3, then yes that is possible like a portal such as XenPorta, or CTA featured threads/portal. There is also an article management system also developed. Not sure if Xenforo has a vBulletin 4 blog importer.

And again I pester you with questions...hope you dont get too frustrated with me.

I have just uploaded a 2.4Mb image and the software did not compress or resize it in any way.
Is there a facility to reduce the physical size of uploaded photos (at the point of upload) to a maximum size (say 800 pixels) and is there an addon available anywhere that can reduce the actual file sizes.

Thanks Brogan that helps a lot.
setting the physical size of an image (800 pixels wide) tends to reduce file size in any case (I suppose)
On my PP Pro software I uploaded a 2.4Mb image (PP set to reduce image dimensions to 800 px wide) and the file size was reduced to 76Kb.

Hello,

Yes it is possible to move everything over.

In addition to XenForo you would also need to purchase XenForo Media Gallery.

Once installed, you would have to do the migration in two steps. The first moves all your users, threads, posts etc. from vBulletin to XF. The second moves all your galleries, categories and albums, photos, comments, etc. from Photopost Pro to XFMG.

Does the fact that my PP and VB4 are integrated cause any issues?
I use PP Pro 8.5 is that version supported

Thanks Brogan that helps a lot.
setting the physical size of an image (800 pixels wide) tends to reduce file size in any case (I suppose)
On my PP Pro software I uploaded a 2.4Mb image (PP set to reduce image dimensions to 800 px wide) and the file size was reduced to 76Kb.
This is actually a very good way of managing the size of media. People who take photos tend not to edit them to reduce the filesize and with modern cameras they can be quite large. I tend to set a large filesize for upload and set image dimensions much smaller (e.g. 1024px wide/high). This drastically reduces the filesize without the user having to do anything complicated before uploading.

Does the fact that my PP and VB4 are integrated cause any issues?
I use PP Pro 8.5 is that version supported
There are two importers for PhotoPost Pro. One for PP Pro with vBulletin integration, another for PP Pro with XF integration. The former will work fine for PP Pro and VB4. PP Pro 8.5 is supported, yes.

I assume the software constrains the proportions
Yes it does.

Top Bottom