MG 2.1 Moved Personal Album With Privacy Unable To Change Privacy

frm

It appears as if in 2.1.5(a?) of XFMG that if one has a personal album with privacy set where only the album owner can upload to, but move it to a public category, they, nor moderators have the permissions to change it where it's then a public album.

That's correct.

Personal albums can have granular privacy options. Category albums inherit the permissions of the category they are in.

It has been the case since albums have been available in categories (2.0).

That's correct.

Personal albums can have granular privacy options. Category albums inherit the permissions of the category they are in.

It has been the case since albums have been available in categories (2.0).
I created another support thread here:

But there has to be a query workaround to make their private album, once moved to a public category, a public album to add items to again... either automatically, or by a moderator. It doesn't make sense to move a private album to a public area and it inherits privacy settings when the category is public with no way to change it.

i am seeing a limitation in this as well......for us it is slightly different however....

by default we have all categories to allow as albums only.....

however, we wish to allow members to enjoy shared albums....in those categories....

is it possible at all? i have been scouring thru permissions for a while now, starting to feel discouraged..

Top Bottom