MG 2.0 Change album privacy settings

Sunka

Usergroups that can create albums, can change privacy of that albums. Permissions are set correct.
But it is not possible, nor for SuperAdmin, I ran Analyse permission in ACP.

I have few categories with option to create album in there.

Only when user click on main Media page button "Add media" he get option to create album and set privacy for that album.
If user open some category and then click on button "Create Album" he can not set privacy settings for that album.
Why is that?

I can see in template that there is buton to change privacy, but it not shows in sidebar below privacy information in that album, nor everywhere.

Only way to change privacy settings for an Album is to move album outside every categora than I have (as Superadmin) option in Edit menu to change privacy options for album.
All permissions for usergroups for Media categories are inherit, and it means that user can change privacy options for own albums and Superadmin to change for all albums, but no one can change privacy option for albums, except if I move album outside any categories.

How to change privacy settings for albums?
In which template (and where) to change that for default will be option "registere users" and not "Owner only" for "can View media in album"

Thanks

You can't change the privacy settings of albums which are in categories. You can only change the permissions of personal albums (albums that are not in categories).

Last edited:
So if user create directly album in some category, permissions are by default set to "Ovner only", for view media and for add media?

What is logic in that?

User want to share images and upload them in to, for example, Category "gardening" and no one can see his images?
What is purpose of gallery if no one can see users media?

If you add an album to a category then anyone who can view that category can view the album.
That make sense, but still I can not understand why there is no "per album in category " permission?
Another question, how to disable creating Album in "no category"?

If you have a public category, why would you want only some of the content being visible? That makes very little sense.

You can switch off creating personal albums in the add on Options.

If you have a public category, why would you want only some of the content being visible? That makes very little sense.
Yep, you are right
You can switch off creating personal albums in the add on Options.
It will turn off creating personal albums only in "no category".
I thinking to stop users to create albums in no category, but they can create albums in any category (which has option to create albums).

If this is no option, could you please tell me how to disable showing that option (hide via css or comment it in template).

Thanks

Top Bottom