I am a total newbie when it comes to this but I've been tasked to do this.
We currently have an installation of 1.1 with a theme (no longer updateable) on a shared hosting solution. Given what's planned for the future, we decided to move to a shared hosting. We are now wondering what the best way to upgrade is.
Would it be
1. Istall XenForo 1.1 on the new server freshly
2. Export database (?) on old server
3. Import the database from old forums in the newly installed XenForo on new server?
Question: What about all the addons installed, do they have to be installed again again or can they be partially ignored?
4. Update the installation to 1.2.2
5. Install the planned theme for 1.2.2
We have made modifications to a 1.2 theme on the testbed we'd like to transfer. Can these be expored and imported?
6. Import changes to theme 1.2.2
Or can we install XenForo 1.2.2 on the new server directly and then import the database (1.1.x)? I know there are importer for all kinds of software solutions, so maybe there is also one for older installations?
How would you guys handle such a situation?