1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Move from VB4 + VBSEO + Apache to XF 1.2 + Nginx

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by DRaver, Sep 4, 2013.

1. DRaver

DRaver Active Member

I have seen instructions from VB4 with vBSEO to migrate to XF .
    But all the instructions were written with rules for Apache.

I need a tutorial for Nginx. Can anyone help me?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When you've done the import, put a request up with an example of an old URL and a new URL and one of our resident regex experts will be able to write you up some rewrite rules.

3. DRaver

DRaver Active Member

It should take the URLs 1:1.

I copied the files from "standard-basic-advanced" to the root, than adjusted 301config.php and entered the following rewrite rule in my nginx-forum.conf file:

Code:
     location / {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args;
        rewrite [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+-([\d]+).html /showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 break;
      rewrite [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html /showthread.php?t=$1 break;

}
    If I then enter an old URL into the browser an HTML file downloaded with the following content:

Code:
    setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library'); XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir); XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime); $http = new Zend_Controller_Request_Http(); $inputHandler = new XenForo_Input($http); $input = $inputHandler->filter(array( 't' => XenForo_Input::UINT, 'p' => XenForo_Input::UINT )); if(preg_match('/(?:showthread|printthread)\.php(?:\/|\?)([0-9]+)(?:-[^\/]+)/', $http->getRequestUri(), $matches) && count($matches) >= 1){ $input['t'] = intval($matches[1]); } $importModel = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_Import'); $target = false; if ($input['t']) { if ($newId = $importModel->mapThreadId($input['t'])) { $target = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:threads', array('thread_id' => $newId)); } } else if ($input['p']) { $newId = $importModel->mapPostId($input['p']); if ($newId) { $target = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:posts', array('post_id' => $newId)); } } if (!$target) { $target = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:index'); } $response = new Zend_Controller_Response_Http(); $response->setRedirect(XenForo_Link::convertUriToAbsoluteUri($target), 301); $response->sendResponse();

4. DRaver

DRaver Active Member

Can no one help me?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You posted last than 4 hours ago, we cannot answer questions 24/7. It appears as if its still being read as a .html file versus being run as a PHP file. Someone more experienced with Nginx and redirects will need to help you.

StonePilot likes this.
  6. hungphutho

hungphutho Member

7. DRaver

DRaver Active Member

Thanks, that works only for threads.