• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mood script for XenForo?

Newer browsers allow you to use the child (>) so you could do:
Code:
#avatar:hover > #moodImg{ // id of avatar (when hovered) target id moodImg
//code here
}
For browsers that don't accept the child selector (>) we can just use a JS fallback using jQuery :)

If only I had the graphic skills. *finds previous mockup*

Instead of it sliding out you could have a rotate transition that moves it from behind the avatar to the position in the mockup but then when you hover over the bit that sticks out, it will slide out to the right to reveal the full bar (you're only going to hover over it if you want to know what it's about).

Again, positioning isn't great (could probably preset a few different positions) but it's a thought.

Something like these???

xen-mood3-png.460
xen-mood4-png.461
xen-mood5-png.462

Attachments

• xen-mood3.webp
    xen-mood3.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 130
  • xen-mood4.webp
    xen-mood4.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 132
  • xen-mood5.webp
    xen-mood5.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 132
Yeah Ceri :) if you show enough of it coming out of the avatar for the user to be intrigued, they'll hover over it and it'll come out.

You could do it as if it's on a pivot in the lower right hand corner and it drops down into the horizontal position through a 90° arc.

Like an old fashioned train signal does.

Just remember if you're going for the slide-out effect on hover you need to make sure your cursor actually hovers over it. If you're hovering over the element as it begins a rotation your cursor will move off of the image and cause it to revert to its original position.

Alternative: Hopefully Kier/Mike have created a function for their drop-downs that we could edit/use for this :)

What would all the icons be?

- Happy
- Sad
- Depressed
- I got my period

I can't think about any more than those, and the 4th one isn't really good :p

That was too funny to be uncalled for.

But worrying that those are the only 4 things on your mind .. I could easily imagine 15 other moods that don't include sharing female discomforts :)

Reactions: Nix
Just remember if you're going for the slide-out effect on hover you need to make sure your cursor actually hovers over it. If you're hovering over the element as it begins a rotation your cursor will move off of the image and cause it to revert to its original position.

Alternative: Hopefully Kier/Mike have created a function for their drop-downs that we could edit/use for this :)

You can just manually add this, if the software supports custom profile fields, and then use a css class for the auto overlay and it will pop up like member card, you select mood and custom profile field could get updated.

I think this is a perfect example for a plugin, and not really part of core functionally of a forum script.

I like the idea of this, and interesting to see a discussion of creating a mod before we get the script. :p

You can just manually add this, if the software supports custom profile fields, and then use a css class for the auto overlay and it will pop up like member card, you select mood and custom profile field could get updated.

I think this is a perfect example for a plugin, and not really part of core functionally of a forum script.
Exactly :)

@Onimua, I think it's interesting that mods are being discussed already... shows we already have some interest in the modification of this product!

gonna be a bit tricky to make it look nice! since things look much cleaner here! I'll be developing one for xenForo for sure!

edit: development is underway :) still learning xenforo!

Yeah Ceri :) if you show enough of it coming out of the avatar for the user to be intrigued, they'll hover over it and it'll come out.

Must not answer, must not answer, must not answer .....

If you could get this working you could probably drop quite a few things on the "pop-out", i.e Country Flag, Team emblem etc etc. Set the options in the ACP, more ajax coolness, to allow Members to mix and match what they want on their own "pop-out" via options in their UCP. Haven't seen the ACP or skinning engine overly so no idea on implementing new features. Please note just throwing ideas out there at the moment while I work out some of my own stuff :)

I understand the placement will be fully configurable. I personally would like to see (I'm sure sniper is doing this) a fully fledge mood view with a base (visually like the old v1 mood) with the image on a base with the base being css under the avatar?

Another issue, if indeed it is an issue that may arise is that animated avatars here in the postbit only show the first frame making them static. Let's say I build an animated mood (which no doudbt some moods may be dynamic) will they show? or will the first frame of the frameset only show?

Might be worth looking into sniper just in case.

Top Bottom