XF 1.0 Moderation Tools

Every forum system needs a good collection of tools to allow moderators to keep the board running smoothly.

With XenForo, we have looked at how this has been done in the past and come up with some new concepts and standards to make the job easier, such as the placement of the inline moderation checkbox right by thread titles, an inline editor for threads and a control panel that follows you around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

I sure like the flexibility of the new mod controls, well done.

A simple feature that would make a nice difference would be the ability to approve/reject a moderated thread in the forum it was posted. Sometimes it's hard to know whether the posting is in the correct forum or appropriate for that forum without seeing what the new post refers to. It would be nice if there was a way to confirm and moderate in situ. That is, you go to the incoming moderation queue, click on the link to the thread, view the new posting in context and then have a popup to ignore, accept or reject the thread without having to return to the moderation queue. This is a pretty common task. Would it be hard to implement this feature or has someone already done it via an add on?

Last edited:
Moderated posts and threads can already be approved inline.
Use the checkbox and select the approve option from the dropdown.

Helllllpppp! Is there not an updated version of this? I've had the original on my forum since it was posted but it's sooo out of date now.

Top Bottom