Moderating Threads - Moving Posts

bluemartian

When I select Move Post it gives me the option to select a discussion board and the name of a new thread, but I want to move the post from already-existing thread A and append it to already-existing thread B. I could do this in VB by inputting the address of the destination thread. Am I missing something or does this functionality not exist yet in XF?

Thanks for the info! Your 2-step solution sounds like a good workaround. I'm surprised this functionality doesn't exist. It is probably the most frequent moderation task I perform in my forums.

I'm surprised this functionality doesn't exist.
Indeed. This is a popular request.
It is probably the most frequent moderation task I perform in my forums.
Ouch.

Search the suggestion forum for this request .... and add your name to the long list of LIKES :)

That being said ... it seems a niche request somewhat. Mostly because .... it is going to be SUPER time consuming regardless. Why ? Two elements must exist at the same time (a post that needs moving, and a destination thread). Are you constantly moving posts to a particular thread ? Sort of like collecting ?

The post you want to "move" .... maybe what you want to do it QUOTE and paste in the other thread.

Example: what I am going to do to you ! (1 sec) .

No, I do actually want to move them. These are simply off topic posts in wrong threads. Moving a betamax post out of the vhs thread into the betamax thread which is where it should have been posted to begin with (just an example, I don't actually have threads on those topics). Thanks again!

No, I do actually want to move them. These are simply off topic posts in wrong threads. Moving a betamax post out of the vhs thread into the betamax thread which is where it should have been posted to begin with (just an example, I don't actually have threads on those topics). Thanks again!
Move them to an "Off Topic" wasteland and leave them there.
Let the posts reside there in shame ..... and then merge them later if you get annoyed with them.

Top Bottom