mod installation help

Gabby

Hello ,
I don't know why but I'm having trouble installing my mods. I haven't installed one correctly yet. I'm using FZ for file transfer but I guess I'm not putting things in the correct places.

I'm having a hard time understand file structures of XF mods. They all seem to be a little different in some way.

Under styles some have a "dark" file, some don't.
Do I install the mods library inside the main library so that it reads/library/moodlibrary/.....
Some come with an index.php in the JS file, some don't.

Can someone post a screenshot of their file system so I can take a look at things? That would be real helpful.

The moods I'm trying to install are.

Mood
Library
Enhanced "like" system (Paid)
Template Modification
and a few others.

Thank you again,

Gabby

I looked in the help manual and I see that the XF library is mainly where everything is stored? So when I install the files, there always has to be something that goes in the library BUT is has to have it's only library within the main library right?

Principia.... Thank you so much for this. That is what mine looks like but I can't get things to work. Urgg. I've spend hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again.
Gabby

Principia.... Thank you so much for this. That is what mine looks like but I can't get things to work. Urgg. I've spend hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again.
Gabby

You must upload their folders inside your library folder maintaining the structure intact. Then upload the mod .xml file and you should be good to go.

All mods, when possible, should be installed by uploading the .xml (installer) from your home computer file using the browser window....I was confused originally by trying to load them from the server!

I agree that the uploading is a bit confusing - at first.
But once you do one correctly, you will get the idea since they all end up in the same directory.
Check out the ftp screenshot uploaded - that shows all the addon directories inside the proper XF directory.
Note that I did not name those directories - the authors did.

(yourpathto_mainwebroot/yourxf_url_segment/library/
Screen shot 2012-05-16 at 2.23.11 PM.webp

Ok so this is what I see in my CP. Is this correct? Let's say where working on xfmoods, do I have everything done right?

Attachments

• filestructureXF.webp
    filestructureXF.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 15
Ok so this is what I see in my CP. Is this correct? Let's say where working on xfmoods, do I have everything done right?

No, I think you need to put it in the Library folder - one level above!
As per my pic, it should be another directory just like Zend, etc. at that level.
(someone else will hopefully tell me if I am wrong!)

Ok but in the moods mod, it has js, styles and library. So I dropped the library in the library, dropped the JS in the js and dropped the styles in the styles. But it's still not showing up. I see the "mood" in my control panel but the icons are not showing up in my CP or in forum. I moved this around everywhere and I still get the same thing.

I'm sure I"m doing something wrong. It isn't the mod for sure. It is me.

Ok but in the moods mod, it has js, styles and library. So I dropped the library in the library, dropped the JS in the js and dropped the styles in the styles. But it's still not showing up. I see the "mood" in my control panel but the icons are not showing up in my CP or in forum. I moved this around everywhere and I still get the same thing.

I'm sure I"m doing something wrong. It isn't the mod for sure. It is me.
I hope you didn't drop the JS folder in JS, so it creates a structure like this /js/js - That should not happen.

You merge JS plugin folder with JS folder found there originaly.

Thank you andrej.
1. Yes that is what I'm doing.
2. Yes I have done that too js/js. but I did notice it and corrected it already.

Add... I have installed and uninstalled mods several times and I'm still not doing something correctly. This isn't hard but for some reason it just not working for me.

Thank you again.

"To begin, upload all the files in the upload/ directory into your XenForo base directory (the one with library/ and styles/)."

so, if I read that right, with that mod you would be uploading styles, js and library INTO the library directory? And then the .xml file would properly place them?

If so, Gabby, you still appear to have them in the wrong directory!

I'm somewhat technical and still find the instructions for this stuff a bit lacking....but, then again, I probably don't read them closely enough!

AH, it appears this one wants you to upload it ONE DIRECTORY up from there....BASE!
This sounds confusing since it would overwrite your existing files? Hmmm....

Top Bottom