Fixed Missing files after upgrade to 2.0.10

NeilEccles

Affected version
Hi I have downloaded the files from the Xenforo server several times and uploaded them but still receive this error

Please could someone advise

Thanks so much

Kindest

Neil

File health check results

Re-run check

Check completed on 4,064 files. The files listed below have contents different from those originally downloaded.

If you have edited these files yourself, you may ignore this message, otherwise you should investigate further as this may be evidence of corrupted or altered files.

XenForo
src/vendor/stripe/stripe-php/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md Missing
src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md Missing
src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

Those files are in the download package, but your FTP client may be filtering them out (files/folders that start with a dot are "invisible" files).

If you can change the settings of your FTP client or use a different FTP client then that should sort the problem. These are just text files though so everything will continue to work as expected and is safe to ignore.

Honestly, they definitely are in the download package:

1536853562046.webp

But as I say, they'll be hidden by default. Either your OS is hiding them and as a result they don't end up being passed to your FTP client or your FTP client does see them and throws them away.

It's something we'll have to try and remove from the download files going forward, so hopefully won't be an issue in the future.

Hi Chris - it is probably my OS then - Mac OS v10.13 (latest) and I am using an FTP program called Yummy FTP Pro.

Thanks so much for your help. I am most grateful.

Kindest

Neil

I am having the same issue on the same date as the original poster did after upgrading.

Using Yummy FTP, I found that those particular hidden folders and files were missing. I uploaded those files, ran the upgrade script (Rebuild Master data, not fresh install) ... and Xenforo still reports those files missing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.0.12).

Change log:
Attempt to exclude dot files/directories from our vendor dependencies.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom