XF 2.0 Missing files after upgrade to 2.0.4

NeilEccles

Hi There,

After successfully upgrading, I am getting a warning about 2 missing files

src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md
src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

These would appear to be some kind of 3rd party mailing program with which I am unfamiliar.

Please could anyone shed any light on the problem

Thanks in advance

Kindest

Neil

Download a new copy of the upgrade archive from your customer area, extract and upload those files.

Ensure your FTP client is set to transfer in binary mode.

Hi Brogan

Thanks for the reply, I have downloaded a fresh copy of the upgrade archive and uploaded it to my server but on trying to upgrade, I received a message to delete the file install-lock.php. I have done that but am now asked about the database etc and am worried that it might do a fresh install and wipe the current one which I really don't want to happen. Your advice would be most gratefully accepted.

Thanks so much

Kindest

Neil

Hi Brogan, Further to this, I thought I might just upload those missing files, but on closer inspection of 2 new downloads using different browsers, neither of them contain the missing files. I wonder if you have a problem with the latest zip file?

Kindest

Neil

First step is to re-upload the install-lock.php file (I've attached one here you can re-upload, you won't find it in the download package). You should never have to delete this file unless you are intending to do a full re-install.

Have you not already completed the upgrade to XF 2.0.4? If that's the case, just re-uploading the files is all you needed to do. You don't need to re-upgrade.

The reason those files appear to be missing is because they are in a hidden folder (they're in a .github folder and files and folders which are prefixed with a dot are hidden by default).

We do a few things to avoid issues like this in our build tools, though worth noting they appear to be working as we've not had any other reports of this. What OS are you using on your computer, and what FTP client are you using? Your FTP client appears to be skipping those files for some reason.

It might be worth trying a different FTP client.

Attachments

Hi Chris and Tracy

Thanks very much for your advice. I have not done and install and all is well. I now have an install-lock.php file too.

Chris I am using Mac OS10 10.13.3 and YummyFTP as an FTP program. It is set to binary upload

I'll look using Cyberduck which I don't like but might do the business!

Thanks again

Kindest

Neil

I too have a Mac, and went ahead and invested in Trasmit. It's a really nice program. You may want to investigate it. It also allows you to mount your remote FTP location as a local drive.

Top Bottom