Missed the sale :(

JackieChun

I thought the sale was running through the end of this week for some reason and missed it. Bummer, I admin several vB, phpBB, and IPB forums and was waiting to finally try XenForo.

The difference is 30 dollars which is what? price of a cup of coffee? I think you'll find that xenforo is worth every cent, and with the resource manager having an announced release date they'll be a sale for that official add-on if your site needs such an add-on to take advantage of. :)

lol I knew this was coming about the coffee thing, i expected it. :LOL: I thought to myself, quick edit, edit now. :P You're all too quick. :laugh:

Don't feel bad. I bought a copy right before the sale.......which I didn't really need then.

As others say, though, I'm not sweating $30.
Hopefully you intended to do this with or without a sale....can't imagine the sale being the reason to move! The good news is, if you act quickly, you can get the RM for $40 off, therefore putting you ahead of the same if you need that add-on!

I think xenForo worth more than its current price of $140. You won't regret getting it for $140. :) They should actually increased the price for the "sale" instead of $110. :censored:

* Sorry. Don't beat me up * :LOL:

I think xenForo worth more than its current price of $140. You won't regret getting it for $140. :) They should actually increased the price for the "sale" instead of $110. :censored:

* Sorry. Don't beat me up * :LOL:
You can have Thousands paying 140$ or 100 ppl spending 250$

The Price is fine as it is.

It's worth 10K to some folks and $100 to others.
I like the current idea of selling the really valuable add-ons in order to add to their revenue. That assures needed income while still leaving the forum cheap enough for casual use - like my new drone site! This is a site that is likely to lose money for a while or forever....

I have full faith that guys who can write code like XF can put together basic spreadsheets and projections to determine their preferred model....

Funny thing, though - my old CMS - Expression Engine, actually did better as they charged more. They ended up having mostly serious web developers as customers, and these developers could easily charge through the $400-$600 for the package (with add-ons) to their clients.

Hey, we all make our beds and then lie in them. I won't sleep well until the XF team and a bunch of the top developers are fat and happy.....well, maybe just happy and fit.

Almost everything has a value. I was referring to the value of each xF license can have and of course the worthiness. Not just the number of people that will buy. :) If xF is worth the money, no matter how premium it is (of course, rationally), people would still buy. What about thousands paying for $200? :LOL:

Well, for some 140 is a lot for some its just Peanuts, if any wants to give more for it why not donating?! ;)
But thats all offtopic. Lets get back to the Thread

I thought the sale was running through the end of this week for some reason and missed it.
nelson-haha.jpg

j/k :D

The difference is 30 dollars which is what? price of a cup of coffee?

It's nice that there are people out there who live on a forgiving budget. For me, even the $110 tag was high. The IPB and vB forums that I have all came with second-hand licenses, so they cost a lot less. I ended up installing phpBB for the current project, oh well.

Reactions: Cal
Top Bottom