• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Minorin - Standard editor toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke F

ywve.png

Using code developed for TaigaChat, this addon makes the standard (non-WYSIWYG) editor more practical by adding a toolbar for inserting BBCode and smilies.

The same customisable system from TaigaChat is used, allowing you to add custom BBCode buttons as you see fit.

Installation:

1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root
  2. Install addon_Minorin.xml file
Updating: (0.0.x to 0.0.4)

1. Upload the contents of upload folder to your forum root, overwriting all files.
  2. Perform upgrade process with the new addon xml file.
  3. Remove template include from editor template (<xen:include template="dark_minorin_toolbar" />)
Updating: (0.0.4 to 0.0.5)
  1. Upload the contents of upload folder to your forum root, overwriting all files.
  2. Perform upgrade process with the new addon xml file.
Changelog:

0.0.5 (12/12/2011):
  • Optimised smilie loading (now uses cache)
  • Fixed smilie ordering
0.0.4 (11/12/2011):
  • Fixed compatibility with XenForo 1.1 (css sprite smilies etc.)
  • Fixed double toolbar on quick edit
  • Added template hook to replace the template edit previously required
0.0.3 (12/02/2011):
  • Fixed compatibility with all other instances of the editor, including edit signature and other addons.
0.0.2 (06/02/2011):
  • Fixed inline editor support.
  • Fixed full editor support with WYSIWYG disabled.
  • Semi-fixed inline conversation editor support with WYSIWYG disabled (need to focus textarea before toolbar appears).
0.0.1 (06/02/2011): First public release

Donations go here. :)

Attachments

• admin screenshot.webp
    admin screenshot.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Minorin.zip
    Minorin.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 75
Already installed on my test site.
Absolutely superb addition to the plain text editor, which is my preference when composing posts.

good job but we need a little tutorial discribing how to add a button to the wysiwyg editor

good job but we need a little tutorial discribing how to add a button to the wysiwyg editor
Look in Options -> Minorin and you can see the default ones there and how they're created.

To add your own you can check in editor_ui.css for the icon class.

For example, I added this for my spoiler code which was added using KK's BBCM.
Code:
<span class='mceIcon mce_help'></span>:[spoiler=][/spoiler]

Ok silly question time :/ How do i use this one i still see the old one (like i see on here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom