Fixed  Standard editor button in conversations stops working after refresh

Luke F

Steps to reproduce:

1. Using Firefox 3.6 on Windows (haven't tested anything else), start a conversation with someone
  2. Go to the new conversation
  3. Use the toolbar button to switch to the standard editor - it will work fine
  4. Refresh the page (using just F5, not Ctrl+F5)
  5. Try to use the standard editor button again - AJAX loading indicator appears and disappears, but the WYSIWYG editor remains in place.
This happens both on xenforo.com and on my test forum (RC2). I haven't verified if only conversations are affected.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Weirdly enough I just encountered that when doing some testing related to your editor buttons add-on, on an unmodified site I might add.

It seemed to be a bit intermittant from what I could tell, sometimes working, sometimes not.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Without looking into the specifics, I would actually consider this to be a really annoying FF bug. It is most likely down to the way FF does form caching. I'm not sure what it's caching though.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Fixed now, had to remove the "disabled" attribute on unload. Note that FF still caches form values on a refresh, and as such can leave things in a slightly weird state - this is just what it does and it's not really feasible to work around it.